This past spring, I posted a recipe for Crushed pineapple muffins, and they turned out so good that I decided to adapt the recipe, using canned mangoes. All you need for these delicious and moist mango muffins is a can of diced mangos and a few other ingredients. Your house will smell amazing while baking this fantastic mango muffin recipe! These taste great both at room temperature and warmed up.
This past spring, I made these delicious crushed pineapple muffins. I decided to keep going with this concept and created these delightful muffins using canned mango. My kids like eating canned fruit, especially in the winter when many fruits aren’t in season. These muffins require very little prep time. You need a few easy ingredients to make these delicious mango muffins!
2 cups of all-purpose flour
One teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup of diced canned mango in the juice or 1 cup of chopped fresh mango pulp
1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
1/2 cup of sugar
One teaspoon of vanilla extract
muffin liners, reusable muffin cups, or cooking spray
Can I use Fresh Mango?
Yes. You can use fresh mango in this recipe. I recommend that you chop up the mango into small pieces. You can also use fresh mango puree or thick mango juice as a substitution if you can’t find canned mango.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, mix wet ingredients: oil, canned mango, vanilla extract, sugar, and eggs.
- Fold the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Using a cookie scoop, fill the muffin tins with batter.
- Cook in the oven for 20-23 minutes. Ensure a toothpick can come out clean before removing them from the oven. You can sprinkle powdered sugar on top if you like.
- Let muffins cool and serve.
- Note: if you use mini muffin pans, you will want to bake for a shorter time.
- Note: if you want to make this dairy-free, use vegetable oil instead of butter.
- If you want to spice these muffins up a bit, try adding some ground ginger.
These can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for five days. You can store these in the freezer for up to three months.
Canned Mango Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned mango in juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f
In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
In a second mixing bowl, mix wet ingredients: oil, mango vanilla extract, sugar, and eggs.
Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir well.
Using a cookie scoop, fill the muffin tins with batter.
Cook in the oven for 20-23 minutes. Make sure a toothpick can come out clean before removing them from the oven. You can sprinkle powdered sugar on top if you like.
Let muffins cool and serve.
If you like this recipe then you should try: