These savory cheddar parmesan zucchini muffins are perfect for folks who prefer their breakfasts to be savory. These muffins taste delicious for breakfast, lunch, dinner and taste delicious for a snack. Adding zucchini to muffins makes these super moist on the inside and crispy on the outside!
Personally, I crave more savory meals instead of sweets, especially at breakfast time. These muffins are so satisfying! Your family will hardly realize that there are vegetables in it! My family really enjoys muffins for breakfast and snacks. These are nice to have around and taste great at lunchtime with a bowl of soup or a salad. These are super cheesy and remind me a little of those cheese buscuits at Red Lobster.
Here are a few important tips
- The cheese in these muffins will stick to paper muffin liners, so you will want to use cooking spray to grease your muffin tin instead. You can use a butter knife to help pop out the muffins.
- You can use any cheese you like. However, I highly suggest using Triple cheddar shredded cheese if you can find it.
- You will need to dry out the zucchini in a paper towel before adding it to the muffins. If you don’t, the muffins will turn out too moist.
How to drain shredded zucchini
To use shredded zucchini successfully in a recipe, you will have to drain the excess water from the zucchini after it has been shredded. I use paper towels to get the excess water out of the zucchini. You can also use a cheesecloth. You will want to shred the zucchini into a bowl and then use a few paper towels to sop all the extra water. You will probably soak through 3-4 paper towels before all the water has been drained.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 zucchini shredded and drained
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter You can also sub olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and dried onion. Set aside.
Shred zucchini into a second medium-sized mixing bowl. And drain thoroughly.
Add egg, milk, melted butter, and cheese to the zucchini and mix.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
Scoop even amounts of muffin mix into each muffin tin
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven. use a butter knife to pop each muffin out of the muffin tin.
I cannot WAIT to make these again! You can also use summer squash in these muffins if that’s what your garden is producing!