This meatloaf tastes just as fantastic as traditional meatloaf, but with a healthy twist! This slow cooker turkey meatloaf is tender, flavorful, and the perfect hands-off way to make a comforting meal any night of the week. I doubled the recipe and made two meatloaves at once because I love having meatloaf sandwiches for lunch the next day.
I have spent years adjusting my meatloaf recipe to make it perfect. However, this recipe is made with ground Turkey. Ground Chicken and Ground beef also work well with this formula. In my opinion, the secret ingredient is parmesan cheese and the glaze. I have spent years trying to get the perfect meatloaf glaze. It is irresistible!
Although meatloaf can be made in the oven or the Instant Pot, I think the slow cooker is the best way to cook one. Cooking meatloaf in the slow cooker doesn’t heat the house during hot weather. It cooks up mouthwatering tender, and it is a comforting meal to make ahead of time for busy nights.
How do you make a slow cooker meatloaf?
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for a meatloaf just like you would if you were baking one in the oven: ground turkey, parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs, egg, and onion.
- Form a loaf and place it in your pressure cooker. You can double the recipe if you want to make two loaves as I did. I have a “casserole” style slow cooker if you want; you can fit 2-3 meatloaves in it.
- Make the glaze in a separate bowl. Add the glaze on top before you start slow cooking.
- Slowly cook the meatloaf for 5-6 hours.
This recipe is simple. All you need is:
1 pound of ground turkey- per meatloaf
1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1/3 cup of dried onion OR chopped fresh onion
3/4 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
Slow Cooker Parmesan Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground turkey ground chicken or ground beef will also work
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
In a medium bowl mix together ground turkey, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, onion, and egg. Mix well.
Form a loaf. Place it into your slow cooker.
Mix glaze together. Ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
Spread glaze over the meatloaf.
Slow Cook for 4-6 hours
Remove from slow cooker and serve.
This was such a delicious dinner and a crowd pleaser! We have been so busy and it is nice to come home to a hot comforting meal after running around all evening. This meatloaf makes delicious sandwiches for lunch the next day!