This Greek-Inspired salmon is packed with nutrition, protein, and good-for-you Omega 3s. All you need is a few ingredients to make this irresistible 30-minute weeknight dinner. Blistered tomatoes, bittersweet kalamata olives, and my favorite Greek seasonings make this salmon fantastic! Please do yourself a favor and top it off with some Tzatziki Sauce!
This tasty and easy Greek Baked Salmon topped with Tzatziki is a quick and healthy dinner for the whole family. This recipe calls for just a few easy ingredients that will result in huge flavor! My kids love salmon, and this recipe was a hit! IIf you are a frequent reader of this site, you know I will always and forever be looking for excuses to make Tzatziki Sauce. This salmon tastes great alone, but I highly recommend adding Tzatziki Sauce on top!
Why Baked Salmon?
- Simple to make and foolproof
- It tastes incredible!
- Fish comes out succulent.
- It is fancy enough for company!
- A crowd pleaser!
Greek Baked Salmon with Tzatziki is easy. All you need is:
A piece of Fresh Salmon
How to Bake Salmon in Foil
Why bake salmon in foil?
- Foil locks in moisture and ensures that your salmon turns out flakey and moist.
- The foil acts as an incubator and will help lock in flavor
If you prefer not to cook with foil, you can also cook with parchment paper
- Set your oven to 400 degrees
- line a sheet pan with foil and place salmon on top.
- Top salmon with olive oil, garlic, spices, tomatoes, olives, and olive brine.
- Wrap salmon in foil and cook it for 25 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
When you cook salmon in foil, the cooking time can vary, but it is tough to ruin the dish because the foil will lock in the flavor. Baked salmon will stay delicious if you want to eat it for leftovers for lunch the next day. This is a fast and easy dinner that will also wow your guests!
- 1 2-3 pound piece of salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Za'atar seasoning
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olive brine
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dried Dill
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Line baking sheet with a large piece of foil
place salmon on top of the foil
add olive oil, garlic, seasonings, tomatoes, olives, and olive brine on top of the salmon
Fold foil to form a foil packet.
Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
Remove from oven and top with Tzatziki sauce. Serve