Everyone loves tender and flavorful French Dip Sandwiches! Now, you can make French Dip Sandwiches quickly on a weeknight! I love cooking in my Instant Pot because it can turn inexpensive cuts of meat luscious and tender. Using inexpensive stew meat for french dip sandwiches will also save you loads of time because stew meat cooks up in just a few minutes! These sandwiches will melt in your mouth and are absolutely perfect on a crusty roll.
I LOVE about my Instant Pot’s ability to cook inexpensive cuts of meat into tender, luscious meals. My Iowa-born husband used to turn up his nose when I brought home stew meat from the store. But this week, I cooked stew meat into these melt-in-your-mouth French Dip Sandwiches, and he was sold!
There are two benefits to making traditional meals out of stew meat.
- Stew meat is very budget-friendly- Do you sometimes skimp on buying beef because you think it’s too expensive? You can turn inexpensive cuts of meat into delectable meals if you know how to cook them properly!
- Cooking with Stew meat will save you time!- French Dip Sandwiches from a large roast can take all day in your slow cooker or 60-90 minutes in your Instant Pot. However, stew meat can cook up in your instant pot in just about 30 minutes, making it a very attainable weeknight dinner.
These French Dip Sandwiches are easy to prepare! All you need is a few easy Ingredients!
Bread- French Dip Sandwiches need hearty crusty rolls! I like to pick up rolls for these sandwiches in the bakery department of my local grocery store! You can also look for Hawaiian rolls, onion rolls, or kaiser rolls. I highly recommend crisping up the rolls in the oven before you eat!
Au Jus- You will want to save the juices from your Instant Pot after the meat cooks to use for the Au Jus
Cheese- If you like cheese on your French Dip Sandwiches, I recommend provolone.
Horseradish- Our kids tend to shy away from horseradish, but it’s a necessity for my husband and me.
Stew Meat- I use two containers of stew meat for my family of five people when I make this meal. We will have enough leftovers for lunch the next day.
Beef Broth- You can also substitute beef broth cubes and water
How to make Instant Pot Stew Meat French Dip Sandwiches
This is an easy “dump and cook” recipe. All you need to do is:
- Slice onion. Cut stew meat into slices.
- Place the onion slices and stew meat into the inner pot of your instant pot. Add beef broth, soy sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and bay leaf.
- Secure like and turn the vent to “sealing”
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes
- Use either quick release or let the pressure release naturally.
- Set aside leftover juice for the Au Jus
- Toast Buns and build sandwiches.
This recipe is fantastic for family get-togethers, the perfect recipe for a crowd!
- 1 yellow onion peeled and sliced
- 2-3 pounds beef stew meat cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth you can sub water and beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
French Dip Sandwiches
- French Rolls
- Au Jus
- Provolone Cheese
- Horseradish Sauce
Slice Onions. Cut Stew Meat into slices.
Place ingredients in your inner pot. Onion, Stew Meat, Broth, Soy Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Dijon Mustard, Garlic, and Bay Leaves.
Place Lid on Instant Pot and Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Keep beef in the juices until it is time to make the French Dip Sandwiches. Pour juices into a dipping bowl to create the Au Jus
Build your Sandwich. Place beef on a toasted French roll and add your favorite toppings.
A few cooking notes
- Adapting this recipe for a slow cooker- You can adapt this recipe for a slow cooker. Just add all the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours.
- If you like your Au Jus to be a bit thicker, you can add some cornstarch and saute the juices in the inner pot before serving.
- Store leftover Beef in an airtight container in the juices
I hope you like this recipe! I can’t wait to add this meal to my regular dinner rotation!