Have any leftover orange juice sitting around? You must make these incredible orange juice cookies! These cookies are filled with citrus flavor! These cookies are crispy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside. Your kitchen will smell amazing when you add fresh orange zest to these cookies. Adding orange juice to these cookies adds brightness! Your family will love these cookies!
On Friday afternoons, when my 4-year-old comes home from school, we have gotten into the habit of making cookies together. It’s a great tradition that we both look forward to. I generally don’t keep juice in the house, but I have been working on an orange juice salad dressing recipe and decided to use the leftover juice in these cookies.
These Orange Juice Sugar Cookies are perfect for any time of the year! They smelled amazing while I prepped them and tasted excellent!
Usually, cookie recipes call for 1 cup of sugar. However, I used 1/2 cup of sugar in mine, trust me. They are more than sweet enough, especially with the added orange juice, which has a lot of sugar. You will love the orange flavor in these orange cookies.
This recipe is so easy! All you need is:
Pure vanilla extract
a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer.
wire cooling rack
large bowl for mixing.
You can make this dough ahead of time.
- Refrigerate dough for up to two days.
- Freeze dough in airtight freezer bags or an airtight container for up to two months.
- You can also make the cookie balls ahead of time and freeze them from frozen.
- These instructions are super easy to follow. It is essential to refrigerate the cookie dough mixture for at least 30 minutes before baking the cookies.
- Baking Tip-The recipe calls for you to refrigerate the cookie dough for up to 30 minutes. You can skip this step if you’re in a pinch. The cookies won’t roll into a ball as quickly, but they will still taste delicious!
I coat these cookies with powdered sugar, but you could also try to drizzle an orange glaze over the cookies.
Orange Juice Cookies
Pillowy soft sugar cookies made with orange juice and orange zest.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg 1
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar and set aside.
Using an electric mixer, mix wet ingredients: butter, vanilla, egg, orange zest, and orange juice.
Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. You can skip this step if you're in a pinch, but the cookies won't form balls quite as easily.
Roll dough into balls using your cookie scoop. Dust each ball with powdered sugar and place evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
Let cookies cool and serve.
These cookies are so good! I think these have inspired me for a similar type of recipe. I love my newfound tradition of making cookies with my youngest son! You can expect to find more cookie recipes from me soon!
I would love to know how these cookies turn out for you! please comment below or tag me on social media and let me know how you liked them! You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter.