Have you ever tried adding cinnamon to chili? This sweet cinnamon chili will please your whole family! Everyone will love the mini cinnamon roll croutons. They are so much fun to eat! This chili is lovely, a little smokey, and laced with cinnamon. Sweet cinnamon chili cooks up fast in your Instant Pot and gives you just enough time to throw together these mini cinnamon rolls while the chili is pressure cooking.
One thing I have been seeing on the interwebs this fall is that folks enjoy having a cinnamon roll alongside their chili! Last year, I served Trader Joe’s pumpkin muffins with chili a few times, but cinnamon rolls sounded fantastic! I go through phases using spices, and lately, my newfound obsession has been adding cinnamon to savory dishes. It turns out that adding cinnamon to chili is incredibly delicious! I added a small amount of brown sugar for some sweetness too.
If you like sweet chili, you can also try making chili with baked beans.
Chili is in my top five dishes to make in my Instant Pot.
- The flavors in chili marinate wonderfully together when cooked in an Instant Pot.
- It cooks up fast, for an easy 30-minute dinner.
- I usually have all the ingredients around.
- My kids always love chili, especially when I serve lots of glorious toppings.
This chili has a short ingredient list. All you need is:
One tablespoon of oil
One small onion, chopped
1 pound of ground beef
2 15 ounce cans of beans in chili sauce
1 29 ounces can of crushed tomatoes
Three cinnamon sticks
Two tablespoons of brown sugar.
I made the cinnamon rolls using a package of crescent rolls. I added cinnamon, sugar, oil, and frosting to make these. If you have a homemade cinnamon roll recipe, you would instead use, I suggest that. You can also buy a roll of cinnamon rolls and cut them up to top your chili.
To make these mini cinnamon rolls using crescent rolls. All you need to do is:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the sheets of crescent dough.
- Brush the dough with oil or butter
- Sprinkle dough with cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll up the dough and cut the rolled dough into slices.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Make a simple glaze using powdered sugar and milk
- glaze each cinnamon roll.
My 3-year old son is my most adventurous eater out of my three kids. You should have seen him dunking his mini cinnamon rolls into his chili. It was so cute!
Instant Pot Sweet Cinnamon Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 15 ounce cans beans in chili sauce
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
Mini Cinnamon Roll Croutons
- 1 roll crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter not olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon and sugar
Cinnamon Roll Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Set your instant Pot to the saute setting. Add oil and onion. Saute until onions are translucent.
Add ground beef and brown. You don't need to worry about cooking the ground beef all the way through.
Add beans, tomatoes, brown sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
Press the cancel button. Close and secure the lid on your Instant Pot. Set the pressure release valve to " sealing"
Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release.
Remove the cinnamon sticks before serving.
Mini Cinnamon Rolls
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spread out crescent roll dough onto a cutting board.
Brush each piece of crescent roll dough with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Roll up the dough, and cut bite sized cinnamon rolls. Place them on a baking sheet.
Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven.
Prepare the glaze. In a small bowl mix powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon rolls.