My entire family enjoys these everything bagel cream cheese chicken thighs. Chicken thighs, in my opinion, are the best part of the chicken to cook! This budget-friendly meal takes about 20 minutes to cook from start to finish. Adding cream cheese sauce to chicken thighs make them taste out of this world, and the addition of our favorite Everything but the bagel seasoning is the perfect finishing touch!
When I was in my twenties, I was a boneless skinless chicken snob. Nowadays, I buy more whole chickens and chicken thighs because they are more budget-friendly and because my kids really enjoy them. I love cooking chicken thighs in my Instant Pot because I can brown them before, hand, and they cook up perfectly in just 8 minutes.
Everything but the bagel seasoning has become one of my favorite seasonings! You can buy it at Trader Joe’s and Aldi. Or you can buy it online.
If you love Everything but the bagel seasoning like I do, you should check out
Everything bagel cream cheese chicken is easy to make. All you need is:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 chopped onion
6 boneless chicken thighs
4 ounces of cream cheese
Everything bagel seasoning
scallions and tomatoes- I added these because these are vegetables I typically enjoy when I eat an actual everything bagel
Everything but the bagel is keto and whole 30 friendly and vegan. It really is a tasty seasoning to have around. I love adding it to hard-boiled eggs and avocado toast, and I also love using it for seasoning roasted vegetables.
Cooking Chicken thighs in an Instant Pot is super easy. All you need to do is:
- Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting,
- put olive oil and onions, and chicken thighs into the pot. Saute onions and brown the chicken thighs. Don’t worry about cooking them all the way through.
- Pour a cup of water into the instant pot.
- Pressure cook for 8 minutes. Use the quick pressure release.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pot.
- Add cream cheese to the juices left in the Instant Pot. Saute them together to make the cream cheese sauce.
- Drizzle the cream cheese sauce over the chicken thighs
- Shake a generous amount of everything but the bagel seasoning over the chicken.
Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Everything but the bagel seasoning
- tomato slices
Ser your Instant Pot to the saute setting.
Add olive oil, onions, and chicken thighs to the inner pot.
Saute onions until transparent. Sear chicken thighs until they are browned on the outside, about 4-5 minutes.
Add water to the inner pot
Close and secure lid. Switch the vent to "sealing". Pressure cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
Quick release pressure.
Remove chicken thighs and place them in a serving dish.
Add Cream cheese to the inner pot of the instant pot and hit the saute button Create a sauce using the juices in the instant pot and the cream cheese.
Drizzle the cream cheese sauce over the chicken
Sprinkle Everything but the bagel seasoning onto the chicken. Garnish and serve.
This recipe was a hit with my entire family. I hope you enjoy it!