I have gotten into adding cinnamon to savory fall dishes this season. You will love the aroma of cinnamon when you are cooking these in the oven. Once you learn how to make roasted brussels sprouts, you will be hooked! They’re super quick and simple to make. You can always add the fall flavors you have available. Roasted brussels sprouts are always delicious!
My kids insist that they hate brussels sprouts. But they will eat these! These brussels sprouts are coated with cinnamon and brown sugar. They are baked with two different kinds of apples and topped with dried cranberries, and pepitas! These are the perfect side dish for any fall day or for celebrating the fall holidays. These brussels sprouts taste delicious when eaten hot, but they also taste great as a cold salad the next day.
This dish is gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian. It goes with any kind of main dish. You only have a few minutes of prep time and precisely 20 minutes in the oven.
Roasted brussels sprouts are becoming our favorite side dish to make. Especially when we add glorious fall toppings, this is the perfect side dish to bring to Thanksgiving or any other fall potluck!
All you need for this incredible side dish is:
A sheet pan
2 pounds of fresh brussels sprouts
1/4 cup of canola oil – or another oil that has a high smoke point
One teaspoon cinnamon
Two tablespoons brown sugar
One Fuji apple
One granny smith apple
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup pepitas
This dish is so simple, yet so delicious! In my opinion, the secret ingredient is cinnamon.
I like to cut my brussels sprouts into thirds. I do like the crispy charred pieces of brussels sprouts the best!
All you need to do to make this dish is:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Wash and cut brussels sprouts
- wash and cut apples into chunks
- toss brussels sprouts and apples in the oil-cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cover the brussels sprouts with tin foil. – This will perfectly steam the brussels sprouts
- Bake the brussels sprouts, covered in the oven for 10 minutes. – This will let the brussels sprouts crisp up.
- Remove foil, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove brussels sprouts from the oven, top with cranberries and pepitas while the brussels sprouts are still piping hot.
And that’s it!
Apple Cinnamon Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts washed and cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup canola oil or another oil with a high smoke point
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- sea salt
- 1 Fuji apple cored and chopped
- 1 granny smith apple cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pepitas
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Trim and cut brussels sprouts into thirds.
Core and cut apples into 1-inch chunks.
Arrange Brussels sprouts and apples on a baking sheet.
Mix oil, cinnamon, and sugar together in a bowl. Drizzle the oil on top of the brussels sprouts. sprinkle with salt.
Cover the Brussels sprouts with foil.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove foil. Cook for another 10 minutes
Remove from the oven. Top with cranberries and pepitas while the brussels sprouts are still piping hot.
If you make this dish, let me know how this works out for you! Tag my on Instagram and let me see it! @kristen_makethebest