Minestrone is my favorite kind of soup to make in my Instant Pot. Minestrone is my favorite meatless meal. It is full of flavor and is filled with loads of vegetables! When I started making minestrone in my instant pot, it became a game-changer. This soup tastes like it has been simmering in a slow cooker all day long, but it has a cooking time of 12 minutes. Adding pumpkin to my minestrone recipe tasted incredible, and was is a great way to celebrate all things fall!
There is nothing like a bowl of this flavorful Italian soup with a piece of warm crusty bread on the side on a cold day. Ladies and gentlemen. The soup season is upon us! If you are a frequent reader of this website, then you know that I eat minestrone often.
I have also shared recipes for:
When I make a soup that contains noodles, I like to cook my noodles separately and add them to the bowl right before eating the soup. I do this because I’m not too fond of soup noodles to become mushy and because my kids like to increase the number of noodles in their soup bowls. So, I cook the rest of the soup in my Instant Pot.
One of the reasons why I love making minestrone is because I usually keep all of the ingredients handy. All you need is
One small onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
12-ounce bag of frozen green beans
28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
One can of pumpkin
One can of kidney beans
One can of northern white beans
16 ounces of vegetable broth
small pasta suitable for soup
Parmesan cheese ( optional )
This is such an easy, hands-off recipe! All you need to do is
- Saute onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and seasonings in olive oil.
- Add beans, tomatoes, pumpkin, green beans, zucchini, and veggie broth.
- Pressure cook for 12 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, cook the small pasta.
- Let the soup naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to each bowl as you serve each bowl of soup.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into discs.
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1 can canned pumpkin
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can northern white beans, drained
- 16 ounces vegetable broth
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces small pasta, cooked
- 1 bay leaf
Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting
Add olive oil, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, and Italian seasoning. Saute until the onions are transparent.
Add beans, green beans, zucchini, pumpkin, tomatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaf
Secure and lock the instant pot lid. Change the pressure release valve to "sealing"
Pressure cook on high pressure for 12 minutes
Cook small pasta on the stove while your soup is cooking.
Let pressure naturally release.
Remove bay leaf. Serve soup. Add the desired amount of pasta and parmesan cheese to each bowl when serving.