These Slow Cooker Large Batch Barbecue Pork Chop Sandwiches are a wonderful meal solution during hot summer months. All you need to do is add the ingredients to your slow cooker in advance, and in a few hours, you will have a melt-in-your-mouth dinner for a crowd!. Barbecue Pork Chop Sandwiches are a midwest classic, and this hands-off recipe will cook 15-20 thin pork chops at one time.
I realize that I have many pressure cooker recipes on this site, but can I let you in on a little secret? I have been using my slow cooker more and more lately. We have been super busy on weeknights, and I have been relying on many ” dump and go” slow cooker recipes as of late. ( I have also been making pressure cooker recipe and then using my slow cooker as the serving vessel)
Pork Chop Sandwiches would be a classic here in Iowa; actually, if I were to welcome someone visiting Iowa for the first time, I might make them a pork chop sandwich.
This recipe has just a few ingredients. I recommend using your favorite BBQ Sauce in yours. I happen to like Famous Dave’s Barbecue Sauce.
Slow Cooker Pork Chop Sandwiches Calls for just a few ingredients.
15-20 Pork Center Cut Loin Chops Thin Boneless – 2 packages of chops
1 tablespoon of butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup of Barbecue Sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
A few recipe Tips
- Make sure that you fold some barbecue sauce and onion between each pork chop before leaving the chops in the slow cooker to cook. This way, the chops won’t stick together.
- Add some spice if you like
- These Pork Chops can be made 24 hours in advance and stored in the fridge. These are great make-ahead meals that will give you meals for days.
- If you’re looking for a recipe to make with leftovers, check out ways to use leftover pork.
Slow Cooker Large Batch Barbecue Pork Chop Sandwiches
- 15-20 Pork Center Cut Loin Chops Thin Boneless about 2 packages of thin chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Add chops, onion, garlic, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, and cider vinegar into your slow cooker.
Slow cook on low for 4 hours
Assemble sandwiches and serve.