Marinating chicken in a bottle of Greek salad dressing produces fantastic results! Every time I have made Greek salad dressing chicken over the years, I wonder why I don’t make it more. These Instant Pot Greek dressing chicken thighs are delicious! I made this entire meal all in one pot in under 30 minutes. Your family will love this super easy, hands-off weeknight dinner!
In my real life- I make simple chicken and potato recipes for my family often. When I serve chicken, potato, and carrots for dinner usually will include cheese or ketchup for the kids. My husband loves the Greek Vinaigrette, and the two of us will add a bunch of kalamata olives to ours. This meal also makes fantastic leftovers and reheats easily. This dinner is only four ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make in your pressure cooker.
- Recipe Tip- This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker. All you need to do is place the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook together for 4-5 hours. You may want to brown the chicken thighs if you want crispy chicken.
This recipe is so easy. All you need is:
- six chicken thighs- about 1 pound
- 5 red-skinned or Yukon gold potatoes, washed and quartered.
- 4-5 large carrots
- 1 bottle of Greek Vinegarette salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- An Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker
- A vegetable steamer or trivet that came with your pressure cooker.
I used the saute function twice when cooking this meal. I first browned the chicken thighs for 1 minute on each side before cooking them. When the pressure cooking process was all done, I took the food out and sauteed the potatoes to make them slightly crispy. I also added some cornstarch to the sauce afterward. I turned the leftover dressing into a sauce. This dinner was delicious!
I love recipes with minimal ingredients for weeknights.
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 1 16 ounce bottle Greek vinaigrette salad dressing
- 5 potatoes washed and quartered
- 4 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- kalamata olives
Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add 1/2 cup of Greek salad dressing. and Chicken thighs. Saute chicken thighs for 1 minute on each side. Don't cook them all the way through, just brown them.
Add 1/2 cup of Greek dressing once the thighs are browned Hit cancel to stop the heat.
Place the vegetable steamer on top of the chicken. Place the potatoes and the carrots in the vegetable steamer.
Close and lock the Instant Pot lid. Set the valve to "sealing"
Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Quick Release Pressure.
Remove potatoes, carrots, and chicken, from the pot and arrange them on a serving dish.
Hit the saute button. Add cornstarch to the leftover cooking juices to create a sauce.
Once the sauce has been made. If you want your potatoes to be crispy. Hit the saute button, and cook the potatoes with 1/4 cup of Italian dressing until they get browned. Glaze additional Italian dressing over the chicken if you desire. Serve