You will love the taste of this winter broccoli salad recipe! Broccoli salad has been my favorite dish to bring to potlucks for years! I love all the textures mixed with the crunchy broccoli. This broccoli salad is the perfect side dish to get to all of your holiday get-togethers. It is just as wonderful as traditional broccoli salad, but it features winter fruits. My husband thinks this is the best broccoli salad, which will add brightness to any holiday spread!
There is nothing that I love more than a well-balanced crunchy salad. Once I figured out that all I had to do was add sunflower seeds, bacon, cheddar cheese, and a sweet mayonnaise dressing to get my kids to eat broccoli, broccoli salad has become a permanent staple in our home.
Since Christmas was just around the corner, I thought that my family needed a winter-themed broccoli salad. This broccoli salad has all of my favorite wintery flavors:
This salad is so vibrant that it will take away your winter blues and perhaps even make you forget about all those Facebook friends who are spending time at the beach this winter. Winter foods are usually creamy, warm, and full of carbs. However, I also find comfort in dishes filled with bright colors and that contain fresh ingredients. This is such a great winter salad. The instructions are super easy to follow. You can quickly bring the elements to your relative’s house and throw the salad together in an instant!
Mozzarella cheese tart green apple almonds sweet dried cranberries squirty pomegranate seeds And sweet poppyseed dressing. A store-bought poppy seed dressing. ( You caught me.)
This is a super easy dish to throw together. All you need to do is:
- Chop up heads broccoli- about two large heads into broccoli florets, rinse them, and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add your broccoli salad toppings. Dried cranberries, tart green apple, chopped mozzarella string cheese, green onion, slivered almonds, and pomegranate seeds. If you like red onion, orange, kale, or goat cheese, those would be great in this too.
- Mix everything with your favorite sweet poppyseed dressing. You can also make your poppyseed dressing if you like.
You will love every bite of this salad! This dish is nutrient-rich, high in fiber, and low in calories. It is so lovely to get some green vegetables during the holiday season when much of the food is rich and indulgent.
If you like this broccoli salad recipe, you should check out a few of my other Broccoli Salad Recipes.
Winter Broccoli Salad
- 8 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks, chopped
- 1/3 cup poppyseed salad dressing
place chopped broccoli in a large bowl. Add all of the ingredients together and mix. Drizzle poppyseed dressing on top and toss. Serve
If you make this salad, I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Please tag me on social media or comment below and let me know how you liked it! You can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tiktok.