If you like buffalo sauce, you will LOVE this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken thighs recipe! In my opinion, chicken thighs are the cut of meat that has the most flavor for the price. This meal has a quick cooking time, and I also included the potatoes in the chicken for a one-pot meal! This is great for a short dinner idea or lunch meal prep.
In my opinion, chicken thighs are the most flavorful cut of meat for the price. With grocery prices rising, I try to save whenever I can. You can use those in this recipe if you prefer chicken breasts, but you might want to cook them longer, depending on the size.
I love the combination of hot buffalo sauce with a ranch dressing flavor packet. If you use boneless chicken thighs, you can easily make sandwiches with these! This meal is cooked all in one pot along with the potatoes. Instead of cooking vegetables in my Instant Pot, I would serve raw vegetables or fresh steamed veggies on the side. This chicken also tastes great on a salad or lettuce wraps!
1-2 pounds of chicken thighs- boneless or bone-in
ranch dressing flavor packet
salt and pepper
Cooking Chicken Thighs in your Instant Pot is super easy! I love that you can add a second layer of food and your chicken to round out your meal.
- In your Instant Pot, add chicken thighs, ranch seasoning packet, buffalo sauce, and water.
- Place a vegetable steamer or trivet on top of your chicken
- Add cut-up potatoes onto the trivet.
- Place lid on instant pot and secure the cover.
- Turn the pressure release valve to “sealing.”
- Cook on high pressure for 12-15 minutes, depending on how thick the thighs are
- Quick-release pressure when the cooking time has been completed.
- Remove the potatoes, and set them aside.
- Turn on the saute function and saute the chicken thighs if you want to crisp up the skin
*Recipe Note You can omit the potatoes if you don’t want to cook a side dish. The cooking time will be the same.
You will love this instant pot buffalo chicken recipe! If you like buffalo chicken dip, then you will enjoy these thighs. This recipe has minimal prep time and is whole30 approved if you use homemade ranch seasoning. You can also use a spicy hot sauce if you like.
- 1-2 pounds chicken thighs- boneless or bone-in
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup water
Place chicken thighs, ranch seasoning packet, buffalo sauce, and water in your Instant Pot.
Place a vegetable steamer or trivet on top of your chicken.
Add cut-up potatoes onto the trivet.
Place lid on instant pot and secure the cover.
Turn the pressure release valve to "sealing."
Cook on high pressure for 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the thighs
Quick-release pressure when the cooking time has been completed.
Remove the potatoes, and set them aside.
Turn on the saute function and saute the chicken thighs if you want to crisp up the skin
I would love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Please comment below this blog post or tag me on social media and let me know how it worked out! You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
I have boatloads of Instant Pot Chicken Thigh recipes on this site! Feel free to check them out!