This Instant Pot Brown Butter Chicken Thigh Recipe is so rich and satisfying that a little will go a long way! Brown Butter ( Buerre Noisette) is a classic French staple in the kitchen. Own Butter is melted Butter with accelerated flavor, can be made in less than 10 minutes, and has a nutty and bold flavor. I will show you how to make brown butter in your Instant Pot using the saute function before you pressure cook these chicken thighs. Y will again use the sauté function after pressure cooking to make a delicious butter sauce to drizzle on top of your meal. Th s dish is super tender, and your family will be begging you to make it again!
These chicken thighs are a fantastic instant pot recipe. I love cooking meat, potatoes, and veggies all in one pot together. You could also omit the potatoes and enjoy these thighs over rice. If you like this recipe, then you should check out my other recipes for Instant Pot chicken thighs.
boneless or bone-in chicken thighs
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp of Herbs de Provence or Thyme. You can use different spices if you prefer.
1 cup of cold water
Cornstarch- so you can make a slurry sauce with the leftover butter and juices.
Note: You can also use chicken breasts, but you may want to adjust your cooking time depending on their size.
Optional ingredients that can be added to this meal: onions, sweet potatoes, cubed squash, and green beans would make great additions to this pressure cooker chicken recipe.
What is the Brown Specs in Brown Butter?
The brown specs in brown Butter are toasted milk solids. They’re actually where most of the flavor in brown Butter comes from, so make sure you scrape them out of the pan!
Tips for Browning Butter in your Instant Pot
- You will use the saute function on your Instant Pot to brown the Butter. The Instant Pot will get hotter than a saucepan on the stove, so browning the Butter will be time-sensitive. Place butter slices to the bottom of the pot. Hit the saute button and cook the Butter for 3 minutes. Then press the cancel button, and continue stirring the Butter while the pan cools down.
- Cut Butter into pieces evenly so that the Butter will cook evenly
- Don’t stop stirring. Stir the butter with either a wooden spoon or a whisk.
- Brown Butter is melted Butter with an accelerated flavor. Melt butter until the butter sizzles and foams. Continue to stir even when the heat has been turned off. It will turn into the most incredible flavored ingredient.
You will want to store your leftovers in an airtight container. This meal will stay fresh in the fridge for up to five days and remain fresh in the freezer for two months.
This meal is high protein and only has whole 30 approved carbohydrates. You will love how mouthwatering chicken thighs turn out when you make them in your Instant Pot! I have other Instant Pot chicken recipes you should also check out! You will love the aroma this meal gives out when you open your Instant Pot lid!
- 6 chicken thighs boneless or bone-in
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 cup butter you can shave the amount of butter down to 6 tablespoons of butter.
- 5 Yukon gold potatoes
- 6 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch added to thicken the sauce after pressure cooking
Brown Butter in Instant Pot
Cut the butter into even slices.
Make your brown butter. Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting and add the butter.
Constantly stir the butter for 4 minutes. Hit the cancel button. Continue to stir the brown butter for 3-4 minutes as the Instant pot is cooling down.
Add garlic and Herbs de Provence to the Instant Pot pot and stir.
Add chicken thighs and water
Add a mesh vegetable steamer or trivet over the chicken.
Add potatoes and carrots to the top of the trivet
Close and secure Instant Pot lid. switch pressure release valve to "sealing"
Pressure cook on manual for 10-15 minutes depending on how big the chicken thighs are. Slightly more time for bone-in thighs.
Quick release pressure. Remove carrots, potatoes.
Add cornstarch to the Instant Pot pot and make a slurry to thicken the sauce. saute chicken thighs if you prefer them to be crispy.
Arrange the potatoes, carrots, and chicken on a serving platter. Drizzle sauce on top and serve.
If you made this recipe, I would love to hear how it turned out! Please comment below this blog post or tag me on social media and let me know how this recipe turned out for you! You can find me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok.