I think chicken thighs are the cheapest cut of meat that produces the most flavor. Chicken thighs are much less expensive than chicken breast, always turn out moist and flavorful, and taste amazing with various flavors. Chicken thighs are also my favorite meat to cook in my Instant Pot. I love making one-pot chicken thigh meals in my Instant Pot when I am pressed for time but still want to cook a nourishing meal for my family. Here is the ultimate collection of chicken thigh recipes you need to try!
Chicken thighs produce lots of flavors and are inexpensive. Many of these chicken recipes work great for meal prep. You will all these delicious recipes for pressure cooker chicken thighs.
How to Cook Chicken Thighs in Your Instant Pot
I am convinced that the Instant Pot is the best way to cook chicken thighs! You can even cook them frozen in the same amount of time! Cooking a meal in your Instant pot is the easiest way to cook a meal while you’re liberated from your kitchen! There is no need to attend to these meals while the Instant Pot is cooking.
Make sure you take advantage of the saute setting on your pressure cooker. You can brown the chicken thighs before or after you pressure cook them, making these recipes one-pot meals. I always aim to use as few dishes as possible when I cook. Your chicken thighs will turn out perfectly tender every time.
Pressure-cooking times for fresh and frozen thighs:
- Bone-in Thighs: Pressure cook on high pressure with a cook time of 10 minutes for fresh or 15 minutes for frozen thighs.
- Boneless Thighs: Pressure cook on high pressure with a cook time of 10 minutes for fresh or 12 minutes for frozen thighs.
Tips for cooking chicken thighs in your Instant Pot
* If you like your chicken thighs crispy, you can use the saute function to crisp them up or broil them in the oven for a few minutes.
* For a better flavor, salt your meat for 15 minutes before cooking. You can add pepper too.
* Chicken should always reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. You will want to use a meat thermometer to check the temperature before serving. If your chicken is shy of 165 degrees, then you can allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes to let it finish cooking.
* I like to add a cornstarch slurry to the juices after pressure cooking to make a sauce for my recipe.
* Most chicken thigh recipes will call for using the natural pressure release instead of releasing the pressure right away.
* I like to also make shredded chicken using chicken thighs.
* Chicken Thighs can be stored in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
* You can use the trivet that came with your Instant Pot to cook potatoes, carrots, or other vegetables with your chicken thighs.
* Most of these recipes can be made with skinless chicken thighs or with skin. You can also adapt most of these recipes and use frozen chicken thighs.
* Many pressure cooked have a poultry setting.
12 Chicken Thigh Recipes to make in your Instant Pot
Click on each photo to be directed to the recipe.
Your world is going to change when you make these French Chicken Thighs! I am sure you already have all of the ingredients for this meal. This flavor combination of Dijon mustard, herbs de Provence, garlic, and onion is incredible, and your kids will love this meal! After completing the pressure cooking, you want to add cornstarch to the juices and make gravy using the saute function.
A Bottle of Greek Salad Dressing can add huge flavor to a meal. To get the additional taste, you can add Greek flavors to this meal, such as lemon juice or oregano. All cooked in your Instant Pot, this meal takes four ingredients and is done in less than 30 minutes!
Kids love these honey butter chicken thighs! The potatoes and green beans are all cooked in one pot with the thighs, making for a rich-tasting easy weeknight meal! You can add cornstarch to the juices to make a slurry and glaze these chicken thighs with the sauce.
Adding a bottle of Italian salad dressing to chicken is delicious! These Italian salad dressing chicken thighs call for only FOUR ingredients: chicken thighs, carrots, potatoes, and a bottle of Italian salad dressing. Your family will devour this simple and easy weeknight dinner! This is a fabulous instant pot chicken thighs recipe.
If you love the nutty flavor of brown butter, then these chicken thighs will be right up your alley!
You can store these pineapple barbecue chicken thighs in your refrigerator for up to five days, or freeze them for a quick meal any day of the week!
Olive Garden brand Italian dressing is so good, and this dish takes minimal effort to prepare. All you need is chicken thighs, olive garden salad dressing, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. This chicken tastes great as an entree or tastes delicious over pasta, farro, or rice. You can always add chicken broth to this recipe too!
Adding cream cheese sauce to chicken thighs makes them taste out of this world, and the addition of our favorite Everything but the bagel seasoning is the perfect finishing touch! You will love the aroma this meal will let out in your kitchen when you release the pressure release valve and open the lid to your Instant Pot!
If you have family members who enjoy spice, try these spicy cajun chicken thighs. You can also make a quick batch of rice in your Instant Pot to have on the side. You can use the sauté setting to achieve crispy skin. These are juicy chicken thighs!
My kids would be happy eating orange chicken every night of the week. Making orange chicken at home is a budget-friendly way to enjoy your favorite take-out dish!
What is your favorite way to make chicken thighs in your Instant Pot? Please comment below and let me know!
I would love you to let me know if you make any of these delicious Instant Pot Chicken Thigh Recipes! Please comment below or tag me on social media! You can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, or tiktok.