As a child, I never liked ham. I was traumatized by it. Especially since there were several years where my family made ham instead of turkey on Thanksgiving! Talk about the ultimate crime!
But these days, ham might be the most prevalent food around here. My kids love it. Serving Hot ham and cheese sandwiches is one of my go-to dinners when I don’t have time to cook. My other go-to dinner is scrambled eggs.
A friend of mine was telling me that she just threw a frozen ham in her Instant Pot. What a great idea! I was at the store the very next day to get a small meat because I wanted to see for myself if it would work.
If you are a frequent reader of this recipe site, then you know my newfound love of my Instant Pot. Here are all the recipes I have made using my Instant Pot Duo.
Sometimes after Easter or Christmas, I like to buy hams on sale and keep them in my freezer.
- It did work, and it was SUPER easy!
- My house smelled AH, mazing!
- If your Ham comes with a glaze packet, go ahead and throw it in too. I love this Ham glaze, and I always pick some up when I am at the Outlet mall.
- You can always sub butter for olive oil or whatever oil you like.
Here is a little video I created for you!
Instant Pot Frozen Brown Sugar Ham
One cooked, pre-sliced frozen ham. make sure to pick up a ham that is an appropriate size for your Instant Pot.
Four tablespoons of butter, or 1/2 a stick
1 1/2 cups of water
1/3 cup of brown sugar
- Set the saute setting on your Instant Pot.
Place butter, brown sugar, water, and any glaze packet that comes with your ham in your Instant Pot.
- Whisk everything together, and let the butter melt.
- Throw your frozen ham in your Instant Pot.
- Make sure your ham is facing down.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot
- Cook on High Pressure for 30-35 minutes
- Remove lid
- Pour extra sauce over the ham
This is such an easy meal. Plus, there are tons of meals you can make with leftover ham!