Here in the midwest, we love our pork chop sandwiches! Boneless 1- inch pork chops are budget-friendly and cook up real fast. These Instant Pot Cuban Pork Chop Sandwiches are a great way to switch up your pork chop sandwich. These are super flavorful, citrusy, and taste amazing on toasted sourdough bread!
There is a brewery near my hometown called Two Brothers that makes the most amazing Cuban sandwich. I will forever be trying to emulate this said sandwich. I have failed many times, but I think that I have gotten close with this recipe.
I love making pork chop sandwiches in my Instant Pot for a variety of reasons.
- Pork chop sandwiches are a crowd-pleasing dish to serve at get-togethers and parties.
- You can cook 10-12 boneless pork chops in just 15 minutes in your Instant Pot.
- Boneless pork chops turn out perfectly tender every time.
This dish is easy to throw together and makes for a very satisfying sandwich! You may need to get a few extra ingredients for this dish.
The ingredient list includes:
1 package of 10-12 1-inch boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon of oil
1 small onion
1/4 cup of orange juice
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
juice of one lime
3/4 cup of water
3 tablespoons of pickle juice brine
You will need the following ingredients for your sandwich
1 Cuban Pork Chop
Swiss or Provolone Cheese
This is a very simple recipe to follow.
- Pour vegetable oil into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and hit the saute button. Saute onions, garlic, and oregano.
- Press cancel. Add orange juice, lime juice, water, pickle juice brine, and pork chops.
- Secure lid on your Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure
- Build your sandwich. Place ham, 1 pork chop, and 1 slice of cheese on a piece of toasted sourdough bread. Add mustard, pickles, and mayonnaise.
Instant Pot Cuban Pork Chop Sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 cup water
- 10-12 1-inch boneless pork chops
Build your Sandwich
- Sourdough bread
- Deli Ham
- Provolone or Swiss Cheese
Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting. It will take about 2 minutes for your pot to heat up.
Add oil and onions. saute onions for about 2 minutes.
Add garlic, oregano, orange juice, lime juice, water, and pickle juice.
Add pork chops.
Close and secure lid. Turn the pressure release valve to " sealing" and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Quick Release pressure.
Remove the pork chops from the inner pot. Discard the juices.
Build your sandwich. Place 1 piece of ham, 1 slice of cheese, and 1 Cuban pork chop on a piece of toasted sourdough bread. Garnish with mustard, pickles, and mayonnaise.