Are you looking for an easy weeknight side dish that your kids will devour? Try this super easy pressure cooker cheesy cauliflower! This cauliflower steams perfectly with just 1 minute of cook time. Although cooking cauliflower in your pressure cooker is incredibly easy, you will need to release the pressure right away and hit ” cancel” to stop the cooking; after the 1 minute cooking time is up-so, you don’t overcook it. This side dish is healthy, comfort food. My kids love eating veggies with cheese!
When your three kids devour cheesy cauliflower every time you make it- you keep making the said cheesy cauliflower. That’s a mom rule.
There are a lot of good reasons to make this cheesy cauliflower for your family.
- This side dish takes hardly any time to make- under 10 minutes from start to finish, including cutting your cauliflower.
- Cauliflower is incredibly healthy.
- Your kids will love this cauliflower because it’s perfectly steamed, and it’s cheesy!
This Cheesy Cauliflower is Easy. All you need is:
1 head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of water – This is important to note. Many pressure cooker recipes call for at least 1 cup of liquid. Use ONLY 1/2 cup. Cauliflower has a lot of water in it already. If you add too much water, the cauliflower will turn out mushy.
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
vegetable steamer or trivet
The process is super simple too! All you need to do is
- Wash 1 head of cauliflower and Cut into florets.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into your pot.
- Add vegetable steamer. Place cauliflower into the vegetable steamer basket—place butter on top of the cauliflower.
- Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Release pressure right away, and press cancel to stop the cauliflower from cooking further.
- Add cheese on top of the cauliflower while the cauliflower is still piping hot. Close the lid over the cauliflower to help the cheese to melt.
Pressure Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
Wash Cauliflower and cut it into florets.
Add 1/2 cup of water into the electric pressure cooker
Place the vegetable steamer basket into the pot
place cauliflower into the vegetable steamer
Place butter on top of the cauliflower.
Secure pressure cooker lid. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Release pressure right away. Press cancel on pressure cooker to make sure the cauliflower doesn't cook any further.
Place Cheese on top of the cauliflower. Put the pressure cooker lid back on for 1-2 minutes to help the cheese melt.
This is such an easy side dish! These easy dishes are why I love my pressure cooker!