This post may contain affiliate links.
As I get older, the more I appreciate a piping hot cup of tea. Especially at night, I like to drink a caffeine-free dessert tea to satisfy my sweet tooth. You sill love the aroma as you brew up a perfect cup of your favorite tea blend that has natural sweetness but little to no calories. Whether you like loose leaf tea, chocolate teas, blueberries, peppermint, mango, chai, or chamomile tea, once you try these teas with sweet flavor, you will start making hot water for tea all the time!
I have found having replacing red wine with a nightly cup of tea to be beneficial for a few different reasons.
- I genuinely find that a warm cup of tea is a great way to wind down before bed.
- The wine was causing heartburn, so it has been great to skip on it.
- I have found so many teas and tea leaves that taste super delicious!
- Unless you add milk or honey, tea has no calories at all!
- There are many health benefits to drinking tea. Tea lowers blood pressure, is full of herbs and antioxidants.
I am slightly embarrassed at just how many boxes of tea I currently have in my cupboard, but the way I see it, one pack of tea bags probably costs less than one latte from a coffee shop. I promise you that when you go through this list, you will find a delicious dessert tea that will fit your favorite flavor profile. I have added some black tea to this list if you enjoy tea in the afternoon.
I wanted to share with you my favorite teas so delicious you won’t even think about grabbing that chocolate square or whatever food item you fancy! I will probably add more to this list once I seek them out.
What are some ways to enhance your tea drinking?
- Wait until your kids go to bed! Especially for the herbal teas that you drink at night
- Read a book!
- Drink it out of a Yeti Mug! because there’s nothing worse than cold tea!
- Tazo’s Glazed Lemon Loaf – Tazo came up with a great line of ” dessert” teas, and this tea is fantastic. It smells so good and tastes like lemon cake, but without calories. I love this tea at night because there is no caffeine. Not all retailers carry this tea, but I can usually find it at Walmart or Target.
2. Celestial Cinnamon Apple Spice – This tea is, by far, my favorite on this list. This tea tastes like hot cinnamon apple cider, but there are no calories and no sugar. My husband and I have been going through at least a box of this tea per week. It is such a perfect way to enjoy a delicious treat without any guilt!
3. Celestial’s Vermont Maple Ginger is another favorite tea in our house. About a year ago, I realized how much ginger tea soothes heartburn. My husband and I love a nice cup of ginger tea after dinner to help smooth our stomachs before bed. We have LOTS of ginger tea at home. This is by far the best one we’ve tried, though. This tea is one of our favorite ones to enjoy before bed.
4. Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Green Tea I highly suggest you stock up on this yummy candy cane green tea from Trader Joe’s this holiday season. They only carry it around the holidays, but it is nice to have it all year round. This tea is excellent!
5. Speaking of holidays, you should also stock up on this Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea. This cup of tea tastes like a cookie! Who wouldn’t love that?
6. Bigelow Salted Caramel Tea is a delicious afternoon pick-me-up!
7. I also love Tazo’s Green Ginger tea in the afternoon! This tea is so good! And it just has a little bit of caffeine, which I sometimes like in the afternoon!
8. Of course, now you know that I am obsessed with ginger tea. This lemon green ginger tea started my love of ginger tea. This tea is so sharp-tasting. The ginger tastes excellent with the citrus.
9. Tazo’ Apricot Vanilla Tea is fantastic! This is the only white tea I have on this list. This tea has a little caffeine and is silky smooth! You can taste both the apricot and the vanilla flavor. I think that this tea tastes the most like a delicious dessert!
10. I am a sucker for pumpkin spice, but I will say in recent years, I had been holding back when I realized that my love for pumpkin spice was just a love for sugar. However, this Yogi Pumpkin Spice Tea is excellent! It is a great place to be when you can appreciate spices and flavors without sweetener! I found this tea at Hyvee.
11. One of my favorite teas to have at night is This Vanilla Chamomile. I do find that camomile tea relaxes me before bed. This tea makes my life better. You can taste the vanilla, and it is such a delicious way to relax!
12. Whoever came up with this Teavana Citrus Lavender is genius! It has soothing lavender and bright citrus! I love this tea hot or made into iced tea! I love the way this tea tastes and smells!
What is your favorite tea to drink at night? Whether you like the taste of hibiscus, berries, mint, cardamom, licorice, orange peel, oolong tea, chicory, tannins, hazelnuts, or any other tea flavor, I encourage you to try some new teas!