Disclaimer: Nobody is paying me to write this. I originally wrote this in 2017. However, a few of the items I included in my original post are no longer available at ALDI. Since we are now in a new decade, it was time for me to update this ole ALDI post.
Let me tell you something. Six or seven years ago, you would not have found me in an Aldi store. The quarter thing freaked me out, and I just assumed that Aldi carried generic brands that were not good. I don’t know if Aldi has changed over the years, or if I didn’t see how many healthy items they carried.
However, now, if I have the time to go to a grocery store, I prefer to shop at Aldi. ( if I don’t have time I am doing grocery puck-up)
- Their products taste the best.
- You can always find new and exciting products to try.
- You cannot beat Aldi’s prices.
- I am convinced the Aldi’s produce is the freshest. You don’t see large displays of produce like at the big box stores, but I think it moves off the shelves faster.
Here are a few facts about Aldi:
- Aldi has been around for a long time. Aldi was founded in Germany in 1913 and has been in the U.S since 1976.
- You will need a quarter to rent a cart while you are shopping.
- You will need to either bring your bags to the store with you or purchase them at Aldi.
- Aldi often has ” special buys.” These are unique food items that are a lot of fun to try!
- Aldi’s snacks contain no artificial colors or flavors!
Here is my list of favorite things to buy Aldi in 2020!
- Brownie Batter Hummus- I love bringing unique appetizers when we attend gatherings with friends. One thing I like to put together is a fruit plate with this Aldi Brownie Batter Hummus. It is delicious, and most people don’t believe that its hummus!
2. This gluten-free brownie mix is so. Very. Good. I bought this gluten-free brownie mix a few years back because we have extended family who eats gluten-free. This is now the only brownie mix that we ever buy! It is so delicious! We make these brownies all the time, and people love them!
3. Berries!- Unlike other big-box grocery stores, when berries are in season, you can find them for a VERY REASONABLE price at Aldi. During the summertime, you might see blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries for just a dollar or two per container! My family LOVES indulging in berries when Aldi has them!
4. Everything Bagel Seasoning – I used to pick up Everything bagel seasoning at Trader Joe’s when I would make trips up to Chicago. I am super excited now that my local Aldi carries it too! If you have not tried Everything bagel seasoning, you must!
You should try your Everything bagel seasoning on:
5. Guacamole – Aldi has some delicious guacamole in their deli section. The poblano pineapple guac is sooo good! I also love these little guacamole cups. This is the only single-serve guac I see anywhere for a reasonable price. My husband loves packing these in his lunch.
6. These Amazing Animal Crackers- For someone who grew up in the ’80s and ’90s, these animal crackers bring back some serious nostalgia. These animal crackers taste exactly like the cookies McDonald’s used to have when I was a kid. My kids love these animal crackers, and they make a delicious snack!
7. Salmon- I was so excited when my Aldi started carrying fresh salmon. It is the best salmon that one can buy in my area. I am NEVER disappointed with it, and the price is always low. My kids love this salmon. I cannot recommend it enough!
8. Peanut Butter Cups- Whenever I used to go to Trader Joe’s when I was in Chicago, I would always pick up some of the amazing peanut butter cups. Did you know that the peanut butter cups at Aldi are the same thing? If you’re looking for a chocolate fix, then you need to pick up some of these peanut butter cups!
9. Another excellent item for your chocolate fix is these Dark chocolate coconut chocolate covered almonds! They’re awesome! You just need these in your life. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
10. Frontera salsa- Frontera salsa has been a family favorite for years. I was super excited when I started seeing it at Aldi. We go through this salsa fast in our house. It makes a great salad dressing, taco topping, or a condiment to have with a variety of meals. This salsa has no sugar and is whole 30 approved.
11. Organic Marinara Sauce: This spaghetti sauce is simple and delicious. It also has no sugar and is whole 30 approved! We love this sauce and continuously keep it in the house!
12. Natural Peanut Butter- We go through 1-2 jars of this per week. I love how it has lower sugar than most peanut butter. My kids love it, and it is so inexpensive!
13. Jam– Aldi has the BEST tasting jam! Again, Aldi’s jams contain no artificial colors or flavors. You’re getting delicious jam for a low price! My kids love the raspberry, orange marmalade, and the strawberry jam the best!
14. Naan- Naan flatbread from Aldi is so good! I like keeping this around for a quick meal. I want to top this with whatever leftover meat we have around for a quick dinner! I also love making personal pizzas with my kids when I have Naan!
15. Steamed Frozen Broccoli– Although prices do vary. I just picked this frozen broccoli up at Aldi for 89 cents! This is the most delicious frozen broccoli out there! It’s all broccoli and not only pieces of stem. I highly recommend this fresh steam broccoli!
16. Jasmine Rice- I love rice and have tried many different brands. I keep coming back to the Aldi Jasmine Rice. It is just the best! I LOVE making sticky rice in my Instant Pot with this rice!
Be sure to try out my:
17. Salad kits- My general attitude towards salad kits is that they are a rip-off. I mean come on, Salad and a few toppings for $4.00-$5.00? The only place I will buy salad kids is at Aldi because they are such a great price! I usually find Aldi’ Salad kits to cost between $2.00-$2.50.
18. Croissants- When we have out of town guests, I like to make a continental breakfast. I will put out hard-boiled eggs, jams, fruit, and some sort of croissant or muffins for them. These croissants always go over big. Plus, my kids love having these for snacks!
19. Cheese– Aldi has incredible cheeses! If you’re looking to put together a cheese tray, eat cheese and crackers or have some cheese with your wine, then you need to head to Aldi. Aldi often carries cheese for certain holidays. I am always impressed with it! Plus, the crumbled goat cheese, bleu cheese, and parmesan cheese are great on salads!
I might be adding more items to this list as I discover them! What is your favorite thing from Aldi?