For all three of my sons, I have made them homemade baby food, and I loved coming up with different combinations for them!
Now that my littlest guy is starting to have his first tastes of solid food, I have begun preparing different combinations of him to try.
( below is a photo of me, hanging out with son #1 and son #3.)
Before I get to all of my favorite baby food combinations, I should tell you a few pieces of advice.
- You DO NOT need an overpriced baby food maker to make delicious baby food your little one will like.
You can make baby food by steaming fruits and vegetables on your stovetop and simply blending the cooked vegetables with a little bit of warm water. You can also make baby food in your Instant Pot or Slow Cooker.
2. I found that there were some vegetable baby foods that my kids didn’t care for. Like broccoli and green beans. I think it was more the texture than anything else. So I decided to start combining different fruits and vegetables when I made baby food, so I would get a taste and a texture that my kids loved! Your little ones will get to explore more flavors this way too!
3. Most fruits and vegetables should be steamed. Bananas and Avocados can be mixed in with the cooked fruits and vegetables.
If you choose to get a fancy baby food maker, I would recommend the baby brezza. I used it with my oldest son.
My favorite baby food combinations
- Apple and Cauliflower
- Squash and Peaches
- Peas and Pears
- Sweet Potatoes and Prunes
- Sweet Potatoes and Bananas
- Bananas and Avocados
- Apple and carrot
- Sweet potatoes, squash, and peas
- Banana and pears
- Mango and avocado
Kale baby food combinations
- Kale, pear, and carrot
- Kale and apple
- Kale and sweet potato
- Kale, pea and sweet potato
- Pear, kale, and cucumber
- Kale, blueberry, and banana
Green Bean baby food combinations
- Green bean, banana, and blueberry
- Green bean, banana, and pear
- Green bean, and apple
- Green bean, and avocado
Broccoli baby food combinations
- Broccoli, Avocado, and basil
- Carrots and broccoli
- Broccoli and kiwi
- Broccoli and apple
- Broccoli and banana
- Broccoli and butternut squash
Cauliflower baby food combinations
- Cauliflower, apple and a touch of cinnamon
- Cauliflower and peach with a bit of ginger
- Cauliflower, zucchini, and apple
- Cauliflower, apple, and sweet potato
- Cauliflower and a touch cinnamon
I bet you can come up with your own too! I make baby food making it easy. I steam the fruits and veggies in my microwave vegetable steamer; then I blend the puree in my blender.