Once I started making meatloaf in my slow cooker, I never went back to cooking it in the oven! Meatloaf is always a hit with my family and cooks up super moist and pretty much foolproof! I am always looking for new meatloaf recipes to make in my crockpot. Meatloaf is the ultimate classic comfort food for any time of the year! Here is a list of my favorite meatloaf recipes to complete in your slow cooker! After trying these recipes, your slow cooker will be your favorite way to cook meatloaf!
What you need for slow cooker meatloaf
- Meatloaf ingredients. Lean ground beef, ground turkey, ground pork or ground chicken, egg, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, milk, and a meatloaf filler such as oatmeal or bread crumbs.
- Slow Cooker
- Cooking Spray– so that your meatloaf doesn’t stick to the bottom of the slow cooker. You can also choose to wrap your meatloaf in aluminum foil
- meat thermometer- you will want to measure the internal temperature of your meatloaf before serving it
- Large Bowl- for mixing up your meatloaf mixture
- Oven- You may choose to broil the meatloaf in the oven for a few minutes to crisp up the outside.
- Serving platter – so you can serve it at mealtime.
Why Cooking meatloaf in your slow cooker works
Cooking meatloaf in your slow cooker is pretty much foolproof! Your meatloaf will turn out super moist, and you won’t need to worry about it drying out like it can when you cook it in the oven. Cooking meatloaf in your slow cooker is a hands-off process that will liberate you from your kitchen! You can use various ingredients in your meatloaf, so you usually can make a meatloaf with ingredients you have on hand!
This Italian meatball loaf recipe is like one giant meatball! I highly suggest subbing some ground beef with Italian sausage!
This crockpot meatloaf recipe is reminiscent of gyro meat and is super flavorful!
Making meatloaf with pork is a great way to switch up classic meatloaf1. You will love the sweet glaze on this meatloaf!
If you like Italian Beef Sandwiches, then you will LOVE this meatloaf! You can slice this up and bake it over some french bread!
You will love the flavor of this sweet meatloaf, where crushed graham crackers are used as the filler!
This classic meatloaf recipe is cooked as a one-pot meal with root vegetables!
This meatloaf recipe has oatmeal as the carbohydrate. It is also made with ketchup and mustard.
Here are some side dishes to enjoy with your meatloaf!
If you make any of these meatloaves in your slow cooker, I would love to hear how they turn out! Please comment below or tag me on social media and know-how slow cooker meatloaf turned out for you.