Today’s post is sponsored by Little Bites®—# LoveLittleBites #SnackyHour.
Over Spring Break, my family took a “social distancing” trip to Buffalo National River. Buffalo National River is a very underrated and under commercialized area. I did not find many travel tips while planning my trip, so I decided to write this post to help those who come after me. We had to bring most of our own food to our cabin and hiking snacks for the kids. Here are 5 activities for families in Buffalo National River, Arkansas, and some tips to know before visiting the area.
National Buffalo River is in Northern Arkansas, about an hour east of Fayetteville. It is an absolutely gorgeous area! But it’s not very commercialized- which is a good thing, but proper planning is needed especially when traveling with kids. We mapped out all of the hikes we wanted to go on before deciding where to stay.
Here are some tips to consider before visiting Buffalo National River.
1. Plan out Hikes in advance. I like to plan out hikes for our family on the app All Trails. If you’re hiking with small kids, I suggest looking for “pet-friendly” hikes. That will help tell you if a hike is appropriate for a small child.
2. Keep your eye on the weather- If the Buffalo river is too high, the canoeing companies won’t let people float on the river. Some hikes might also be too wet. Plan your activities accordingly.
3. Plan on driving between spots- Buffalo National River is over 100 miles long. It takes time to drive between the popular spots.
4. Bring your own food and snacks- There are not many stores and restaurants in the area. I suggest packing food for sandwiches, breakfast and bringing plenty of snacks. My kids love these new Little Bites® Soft Cookies.
I have been partnering with Little Bites® for Years now, and my kids always look forward to when I do. ” did you take photos of the muffins yet so I can eat them?”
Little Bites® has come out with new soft-baked cookies! We picked these up with our Walmart food order on the way down and brought them with us to our cabin.
During the month of March, Little Bites® is celebrating the launch of Little Bites® Soft Baked Party Cake Cookies with an exciting Sweepstakes! The Little Bites® Snacky Hour Sweepstakes allows fans to win a one-year supply of Little Bites® Soft Baked Party Cake Cookies!
Visit www.littlebitessnackyhour.com to enter the sweepstakes for the year-time supply of cookies!
I am also helping Entamanns give away a $25.00 Visa Gift Card and Three Coupons for Little Bites Products!
To enter, please comment below. The winner will be chosen at random. You can also gain additional entries by commenting on my Little Bites social media posts! You. Must be a US resident and 18 to win!
Buffalo River, although beautiful, had a lot of hikes not appropriate for small kids. Here are some fun, kid-friendly activities.
Here are Five Fun Activities to do with kids in Buffalo River
- Hike Lost Valley- Lost Valley is the most popular hike in the State of Arkansas, and you’ll see why when you hike it. There are multiple waterfalls to see. This hike holds a variety of different skill levels and you can hike as little or as much of it and still see waterfalls. This is a heavily trafficked trail and worth it.
Hike Tyler Bend – Tyler Bend Visitor Center is a neat area. We spent almost a whole day here. We hiked and picnicked. We had a great view of the river. There are some really amazing views on this hike!
Tour Mystic Caverns- We did a Cave Tour in Harrison. There are two caves at this site, and prepare yourselves for a fascinating historical tour.
Float the Buffalo River- The National Park approves many canoe services.
Catch your own Supper– In Harrison, you can visit an Italian Restaurant and Trout Farm. You fish, and they will cook up your fish for you!