Egg Roll in a Bowl has become one of my favorite meals to make for myself when I am in the mood for a vegetable fix but still in the mood for something comforting. An Egg Roll in a bowl is basically egg roll filling without the crispy egg roll skin. Many egg roll in bowl recipes can be adapted to fit any keto, paleo, whole 30, gluten-free, or weight watchers diets. Most Egg roll in bowl recipes calls for coleslaw mix or broccoli slaw. Over the years, I have created several Egg Roll in Bowl flavors, and I have adapted these recipes so you can cook them on the stovetop or in your Instant Pot.
During the winter, I am often in the mood for a vegetable fix but not always in the mood for salad. I have turned to egg roll in a bowl to get in my fix. Egg Roll in a bowl basically eggs roll filling without the crispy crust. It is meant to be a low carb egg roll option. A few years ago, I started making egg rolls in a bowl in my Instant Pot, and over the years, I have tried some of my favorite egg roll flavors.
If you want to try egg roll in a bowl, here are some things you should have on hand.
- 2 bags of coleslaw mix- I usually use two bags of coleslaw mix when I make egg roll in a bowl because the coleslaw cooks down quite a bit. You can also shred your own cabbage, but I prefer to use the mix. You can also add some broccoli slaw as well.
- An Instant Pot or Pan to cook it on the stovetop- If you cook egg roll in a bowl in the Instant Pot, you will want to saute your protein of choice and then pressure cook the coleslaw mix for 0-1 minute. And use the quick release function. If you choose to cook it on the stove, you will want to cook the cabbage down until it has a consistency similar to egg roll filling.
- A protein- use what you like. You can add shrimp, chicken, beef, pork- whatever you like.
- Sauces to fit your diet and preferences- these might include soy sauce, tamari sauce, sriracha, hoisin, or ginger.
Get creative with the flavors! I have seen some pretty creative egg roll recipes out there! You can. Use any of those if you want to make a unique flavor of egg roll in a bowl!
2. Thai Basil Almond Egg Roll in a Bowl– Keto, Whole 30, and Gluten-Free Approved
Southwestern Egg Roll in a Bowl – Inspired from the Southwestern Egg Rolls From Chilis
4. Orange Beef and Broccoli Egg Roll in a Bowl
This egg roll in a bowl recipe was inspired by one of my favorite Chinese take-out meals. I bet you could get creative making an egg roll in a bowl with your favorite Asian-inspired dish.
I hope these egg roll in a bowl dishes inspire! If you come up with your own flavor, I would love to hear about it!