Your kids will love this key lime pie smoothie because it tastes like dessert. You will love serving this smoothie because it has fruit and vegetables! This quick blender recipe is flavorful and makes a delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, or dessert!
Banana-based ice cream and smoothies are the most asked-for “desserts” in my house, and I love it when my kids can eat something they think is delicious while still being healthy! Because limes are supposed to be green, you can easily sneak spinach into this smoothie for green color, and they won’t even realize it!
Frozen bananas have a perfect creaminess that kids love.
2-3 frozen bananas
1 cup of milk. You can use cow’s milk or dairy-free milk like almond milk or coconut milk if you want this to be vegan
One packed cup of fresh spinach
Two tablespoons of lime juice or key lime juice.
One teaspoon of vanilla extract- adding vanilla extract will make your smoothie taste like a dessert!
Protein Powder or Collagen powder if you like adding those to your smoothies.
Whipped Cream and Graham Cracker crumbs for a garnish.
More optional add-ins- honey, avocado, kale, lime zest, greek yogurt, or full-fat yogurt will also taste great in this smoothie.
Nutrition: this recipe can be made keto or low carb if you opt out of the garnishes and use your milk of choice. This smoothie contains vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and calcium. This is low in complex carbohydrates, cholesterol, and sodium.
1. Add frozen bananas, spinach, milk, lime juice, and vanilla in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth. Make sure that the bananas are completely smooth.
3. Pour into a glass and add garnishes. You can place the graham crackers on the rim of the glass if you want to be extra fancy.
How do you freeze bananas?
There is a variety of ways to freeze bananas. This is the method I follow.
1. Peel a medium-ripe banana and place 6-7 bananas whole into a freezer bag.
2. Freeze them for up to a year. Once your bananas have been freezing overnight, they are ready to use in a smoothie. I remove just as many as I need at a time. Sealing the bag of frozen bananas back up and placing them back in the freezer is easy.
You will love the lime flavor in this key lime smoothie. This has been my favorite smoothie for years. If you like this recipe, you should also try my:
Did you make this key lime pie smoothie recipe? I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Please comment below this blog post or tag me on social media. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
This recipe was originally posted in 2014. I am updating this post in 2023.