These Instant Pot Dijon Maple Beef Tips cook up melt in your mouth tender! Cooking traditionally tough cuts of meat, like beef tips in your Instant Pot, will help tenderize them and make them luscious! These Dijon Maple Beef Tips are sweet and savory and are cooked all in one pot with Green Beans and Potatoes. I cannot say enough good things about this easy, 30-minute meal. This is a recipe you don’t want to miss!
I am sure this will be the first of a long line of beef recipes that I will post on this site. We purchased a quarter of beef from a friend who raises Scottish Highlander cows here in Iowa. I love the idea of buying directly from farmers, eliminating the middle man. Your friends and family will love this tender beef and potato dish with the sweet maple and shart dijon mustard.
I love how you can cook the beef, potatoes, and green beans all in one pot. If you don’t have green beans, you can easily replace them with carrots and still use the same cook time.
If you are a frequent reader of this site, you have probably seen many Instant Pot Recipes using Stew Meat. Stew meat is traditionally tough meat, but it turns out super luscious and tender when you cook it in the Instant Pot.
This recipe only calls for a few easy ingredients.
All you need is:
1-2 pounds of beef tips, steak, or stew meat– cut into small bite-sized pieces
salt and pepper
Two tablespoons of butter
One clove of minced garlic
One teaspoon thyme
1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
1/4 cup of dijon mustard
1 cup of water
1-2 pounds of halved Yukon gold potatoes.
1 pound of Fresh Green Beans
This meal is pure comfort food! This is the perfect recipe with tons of flavor, even though it has a short ingredient list. You can easily throw this meal together in less than 30 minutes!
All you need to do is:
- Cut the stew meat and place in a medium bowl. Stir the meat with salt, pepper, thyme, maple syrup, and dijon mustard.
- Set your Instant Pot to the “saute” setting. Add butter and once the butter melts, add the meat.
- Brown the meat. Don’t worry about cooking it all the way through.
- Hit cancel to turn off the heat.
- Add water to the meat.
- Add the trivet on top of the meat. Add the potatoes and the green beans on top of the trivet.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and turn the pressure release valve to “sealing.”
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes. Quick Release Pressure
- Arrange beef, potatoes, and green beans on a plate.
- Saute the rest of the juices to thicken it—drizzle leftover juices over the beef and potatoes.
- Let meat rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Remember to let the meat rest after the cooking has been completed.
Regardless of the meat, you use for this meal, and if you want the meat to taste tender and perfect, I cannot stress enough how important it is to let your meat rest! Letting your meat rest makes a huge difference in the tenderness of the finished product! I recommend letting the meat rest for at least 10 minutes before eating!
- 1.5 pounds beef tips, steak, or stew meat cut into small bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 medium sized Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 pound Green Beans
Cut the stew meat and place in a medium bowl. Stir the meat with salt, pepper, thyme, maple syrup, and dijon mustard.
Set your Instant Pot to the "saute" setting. Add butter and once the butter melts, add the meat.
Brown the meat. Don't worry about cooking it all the way through.
Hit cancel to turn off the heat.
Add water to the meat.
Add the trivet on top of the meat. Add the potatoes and the green beans on top of the trivet.
Place the Instant Pot lid on and turn the pressure release valve to "sealing."
Pressure cook for 10 minutes. Quick Release Pressure
Arrange beef, potatoes, and green beans on a plate.
Saute the rest of the juices to thicken it—drizzle leftover juices over the beef and potatoes.
Let meat rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
We had no leftovers when I made this for dinner. The sweet and savory beef tender beef turned out amazing! Adding the potatoes and green beans to this dish rounded out the meal wonderfully.
If you make this, don’t forget to comment below or tag me on social media!