This post contains affiliate links.
I wanted to try this old recipe in my Instant Pot, and what I came up with was something entirely different and so good that I had to share it with you! Boiling bratwurst in hard cider is an excellent alternative for folks who are gluten-free, plus it had a sweet, unique flavor that helps enhance the flavor.
You see, this hard cider braised bratwurst turned out so much better than the hard cider bratwurst I made for you in 2015. I changed three things in this recipe, and I think all of these things enhanced this recipe.
- I added a little butter to the cider. I am learning that a bit of butter in a recipe goes a long way. Not a lot, just a little butter can make recipes rich and almost creamy.
- I boiled this bratwurst in caramelized onions, which just made the taste excellent.
- I cooked this bratwurst in my Instant Pot. Wow, is there anything this little machine can’t do? I’m sold.
I don’t often get out my grill these days. My three young sons have taken over my yard, and I don’t always feel like firing up my grill for safety concerns. I do like to grill meat on my Cuisinart Griddler. It is super fast, and the food always tastes good.
Before I go on, I am going to show you a video on how I made this bratwurst.
My kitchen smelled amazing when I took these babies out of the Instant Pot! They were so juicy and tender, I can’t EVEN. I am probably going to stick to prepping my bratwurst in the Instant Pot from now on.
Instant Pot Hard Apple Cider Braised Bratwurst
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup caramelized onions
- 2 bottles Hard Apple Cider
- 5-8 bratwurst
Set your Instant Pot to Saute.
Place caramelized onions and butter in the Instant pot and whisk together. Turn to saute off.
Add Hard Apple Cider and Bratwurst.
Place lid on Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Let the pot naturally release.
Grill them if you like. You don't have to.
Top them and serve!
These were just delightful and I will be making these again soon!