Your entire family will LOVE this Homemade Banana Ice Cream Oreo Blizzard! You will love it because it is so much healthier than store-bought Oreo blizzards and Oreo Mc Flurries. Your kids will love it because it is sweet, creamy, and chocolatey. Banana ice cream is the perfect healthy sweet treat, and adding copycat homemade oreo cookies takes it to the next level. Making this healthier homemade Oreos with your kids is a great family activity. This recipe can be made vegan or not.
I always keep frozen bananas on hand for blended banana ice cream. Banana ice cream is where you blend frozen bananas in your blender for a healthy sweet treat. When banana ice cream is made right, it can be better than most ice cream. It is guilt-free and has no added sugar. Adding these healthier homemade Oreo cookies elevates it. You can always skip making the cookies and pick up some organic sandwich cookies at your local store.
Making your own Banana Ice Cream Oreo Blizzard is easy. All you need is:
A high-quality blender- I use a ninja.
You can make healthier homemade Oreos. You will need:
3/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup Dutch cocoa
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the Oreo filling:
2 tablespoons of milk or nut milk
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
To make this Oreo Banana Ice Cream blizzard the best possible, here are a few tips for making the best banana ice cream.
- Please don’t wait for your bananas to become too ripe before putting them in the freezer. I find that overripe bananas make banana ice cream too sweet and make it less fluffy.
- Add a few tablespoons of half and half milk or nut milk when blending your banana ice cream. It helps it become smoother- more like the consistency of soft serve.
- Add pure vanilla extract to your banana ice cream- it makes the banana ice cream taste less like banana and more like vanilla soft serve.
- Remove your bananas from the peel before freezing them. I like to freeze bananas in a freezer bag. You can either slice the banana before putting it in the freezer bag, or you can smash it before putting it in the freezer bag.
Be sure to make the soft banana serve first. THEN add the Cookies to blend. Otherwise, the cookies will get too pulverized.
Copycat Oreo Cookies
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch cocoa
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable or coconut oil avoid olive oil
Copycat Oreo Filling
- 2 tablespoons milk you can sub nut milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Banana Ice Cream Soft Serve
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup milk you can sub nut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Copycat Oreo Cookies
In a food processor or mixer. Mix together flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt
Add wet ingredients: Pure vanilla extract and vegetable oil.
Roll the dough into a log and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough cool in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325 F
Slice the dough into cookies
Set on a baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove and cool.
Copycat Oreo filling
Mix powdered sugar and milk. Add to the cookies once the cookies have cooled completely.
Banana Soft Serve
Remove 4 frozen bananas from the freezer and place them in a blender with 1/2 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Blend until you get the perfect soft-serve consistency. Add more milk if needed.
Crush copycat Oreos and pulse with the banana ice cream.
My husband thought that maybe a spoonful of peanut butter would be an excellent addition to this dessert. My kids and husband enjoyed this treat as a snack on Saturday afternoon. What a great treat it was. If you’re not sold on banana ice cream yet, then you must try this!