This post is sponsored by Choplocal. All opinions are entirely my own
This FOUR ingredients pulled pork makes absolutely delicious tacos and tastes great with various other meals. Only 4 ingredients are needed to make this Instant Pot Pulled Pork. When this pork is finished cooking, it will literally melt apart with a fork. This meat is so luscious and tender.
I have such an easy recipe to share with you today! You truly only need FOUR ingredients to make this amazing pulled pork taco recipe! This recipe is a hands-off recipe that will give you enough pulled pork for multiple dinners. This meat makes delicious tacos, but you can also make:
If you are a frequent visitor of this blog or follow me on social media, you probably know that we try to buy locally in my house as much as possible. ChopLocal is the best place to buy local meat directly from family farmers and butcher shops online. Founded by an Iowa farmer, chop local directly connects Iowa meat producers with the consumer. All you need to do is head over to their website and check out all of the delicious products. You can have the meat directly shipped to your house, or if you’re local, some of the vendors offer a pickup option.
I Have several friends who live here in Iowa and the midwest who would love to buy directly from a farmer but AREN’T sure how. BUT, you don’t need to live in Iowa to purchase. Many of the vendors will shop nationwide! In my opinion, high-quality meat makes a great gift for anyone! Especially for those hard to shop for people!
You can find out more information on Choplocal’s website. You can also find them on social media.
I have enjoyed putting together these recipe videos lately. I will say the brightness in my house from all that snow on the ground helps! Here is a video to show you how insanely simple this recipe is!
You will need:
Pork tenderloin roast
2 16 ounce cans of diced tomatoes OR Salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning
How to Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tacos
- Coat bottom of your Instant Pot Pot with Oil
- Hit the Saute function on your Instant Pot
- Saute pork on all sides
- Hit cancel button
- Cover with Tomatoes
- Add taco seasoning
- Close and secure Instant Pot lid. rotate the pressure release valve to “sealing.”
- Cook for 90 minutes if you want your pork to fall apart at the touch of a fork. If you’re in a time crunch, you can cook this in as little as 45 minutes.
- Quick Release Pressure
- Shred Pork
- Place the pork back into tomatoes and stir.
- If you’re really in a time crunch, cut your pork roast into 3-4 sections. This will help ensure that your pork will cook all the way through.
- I personally cook my pulled pork for 90 minutes. This way, it will pull apart with the touch of a fork. However, you can cook it in as little as 45 minutes if you’re pressed for time.
- I like to add lime juice to my pork tacos.
- This is an easy meal to make ahead and store. This pork will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days and the freezer for up to three months.
Instant Pot Pork Tacos
- 1 2-3 pound pork tenderloin roast
- 2 16 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
Set your Instant Pot to saute.
Add olive oil and pork roast. Seer ever so slightly on each side of the pork roast.
Add tomatoes and taco seasoning.
Set your Instant Pot to high pressure or onto the meat setting.
Cook for 90 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
Open lid. Use a fork to pull apart the meat. The meat should pull right apart and should be really tender.
This recipe is so delicious and easy! We always load our tacos up with glorious toppings! I love making this recipe when I am entertaining a crowd! When entertaining, I will make this pork ahead of time and use my slow cooker as the serving vessel.
Don’t forget to check out Choplocal and check out their offerings!