I have found a new favorite chicken! My favorite kind of pizza built onto a juicy piece of chicken! ALL the flavors of Hawaiian Pizza, without all of that crust! My kiddos ( aged 1 and 3) gobbled this chicken down and begged for more!
Back, almost two years ago, I compiled a list of Low Carb Pizza Solutions, on this blog. One of these Low Carb Pizza Solutions that I have been dying to try was pizza- built on top of a piece of chicken. So here I am, almost two years later, and I finally decided to make it. Of course, I had to build my favorite kind of pizza on top of this chicken. 🙂
Oh my goodness! How come it took me so long to try this? Because, now I feel like I have found a recipe that will, for sure become a part of my family’s regular dinner rotation.
This was so good. You do need to try it. If you don’t like ham, you can always wrap some bacon around this chicken instead. I have leftovers in my fridge, and I can’t wait to have it again for lunch tomorrow.
- 1-3 pounds of Chicken breasts
- One piece of deli ham or Canadian bacon per piece of chicken
- One small jar of pizza sauce
- One can of crushed pineapple or several slices of fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2-3 cups of Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut each piece of chicken to your desired size
- Pound each piece of chicken with a meat tenderizer
- Place each piece of chicken on a baking sheet or a casserole dish
- wrap each chicken breast with a piece of ham
- spread pizza sauce on each piece of chicken
- spread pineapple over chicken
- Bake chicken in the oven for 30 minutes. Take chicken out after 20 minutes, and sprinkle cheese on top.