Strawberry Season is upon us! If you’re looking for recipes using fresh strawberries, you’re in the right place! These strawberry lemonade cookie bars are bright, refreshing, and an easy dessert to prepare for any summer festivity! These are made in a pan, and the bake – up super moist and flavorful!
During this time of year, I try to find any excuse to bake with strawberries or lemon juice. It’s my favorite combination. Hence, these strawberry lemon cookie bars. These strawberry cookie bars will smell amazing when you take them out of the oven and are perfect for any “fill in the blank” spring or summer get-together. Strawberries taste great with any citrusy flavor, and they look pretty on any summertime spread! Whether it’s First Communion, a graduation party, patriotic summer holiday, baseball game, or summer bbq, these will fit the bill!
I have been working on my “cookie bar” formula for several months now. If you like these cookie bars, you should check out a few of my other cookie bar recipes. These sugar cookie bars are loaded with lemon flavor and fruit!
Pure Vanilla Extract
Lemon juice and lemon zest
medium bowl for mixing
whisk, or an electric mixer
These Strawberry Lemonade Bars are made differently from sugar cookies. I like to omit white sugar from my cookies because otherwise, they’re too sweet. I find that using only brown sugar makes these cookie bars super moist. I personally like the outside bars the best because the crust turns out just a little crispy.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour with salt and baking powder.
- Pour the flour mixture into the giant bowl to make the cookie dough.
- Chop up the strawberries and fold them into the dough.
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper. Drop dough onto the baking sheet and spread it out to fill the entire thing.
- Bake cookie bars in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and serve once they have reached room temperature.
- Top them with lemon zest, and you can also add powdered sugar if you like.
Optional: These would also taste great if you frost them with a light frosting or a glaze.
Recipe variation- You can replace the strawberries with blueberries or raspberries.
Strawberry Lemonade Cookie Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 tablespoons butter a stick and a half of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Cream butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, blend flour with salt and baking powder.
Pour the flour mixture into the giant bowl to make the cookie dough.
Add lemon juice
Chop up the strawberries and fold them into the dough.
Line your baking dish with parchment paper. Drop dough onto the baking sheet and spread it out to fill the entire thing.
Bake cookie bars in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool, and serve once they have reached room temperature.
Top them with lemon zest, and you can also add powdered sugar if you like.
You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you try these strawberry lemon bars, then I would love for you to comment below this blog post and let me know how you liked it! You can also tag me on social media. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.