This Slow Cooker Hashbrown Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is a simple recipe for you to make on a cold day! All you need are pantry vegetables, onions, hashbrowns, potatoes, chicken, chicken broth, and spices. This easy recipe is a gluten-free way to enjoy all the tastes of a chicken pot pie without sacrificing any comfort at all! This recipe calls for no cream of chicken soup and tastes delicious topped with shredded cheddar cheese!
No pie crust is needed for this delicious comfort food “chicken pot pie” recipe. All you need are some essential pantry ingredients and a slow cooker. If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can easily make this in the oven using a casserole dish. You may choose to bake this in the oven at the end to make your hash brown potatoes golden brown. Hashbrown potatoes are gluten-free carbohydrates and are easy to prepare! You can add more chicken to this recipe if you add more protein. Because this recipe doesn’t require condensed canned soup, you reduce the sodium significantly.
One tablespoon of olive oil or melted butter
salt and black pepper
frozen hash browns
Herbs de Provence
cornstarch or all-purpose flour for thickening the sauce.
Additional Ingredients- any other veggie mixture that you like will work with this recipe! Any combination of mixed vegetables you have around will be great! You can also get creative with the spice combination you choose to use. Additionally, if you don’t have garlic, garlic powder can be used in this recipe.
Garnish- cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, ranch, or sour cream would all taste great over this hashbrown pot pie.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Prepare vegetables and chicken.
- Add Chicken to your slow cooker—Toss chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and spices.
- Add carrots, celery, corn, peas, and onion.
- Add hashbrown potatoes, chicken broth, and milk.
- Slow cook on medium heat for 4-6 hours. About halfway through, create a slurry with some liquid from the slow cooker and cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Garnish and Serve.
- Prep vegetables
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, olive oil, garlic, and spices.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish with vegetables, milk, chicken broth, and hashbrown potatoes.
- Stir all the ingredients together
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Garnish and serve.
Chicken Pot Pie Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 20 ounces frozen hashbrown potatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch to make slurry
Prep vegetables and chicken.
Add Chicken to your slow cooker. toss chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and spices.
Add carrots, celery, corn, peas, and onion.
Add hashbrown potatoes, chicken broth, and milk
Slow cook on medium heat for 4-6 hours. About halfway through creating a slurry with some of the liquid from the slow cooker and cornstarch in order to thicken the sauce.
Garnish and Serve.
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear how it turned out! Please comment below this post or tag me on social media. You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.