These Apple Cider Cookies are pillowy soft and are reminiscent of the Apple Cider donuts I buy from our local apple festival each year. They are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. They are coated with cinnamon and sugar and make the perfect fall cookie! Your kitchen will smell amazing while these cookies are baking in the oven! These made from scratch cookies will be a big hit with your family!
One tradition we started after I moved to Iowa as an adult is going apple picking every year. There is nothing like hauling bags of freshly picked apples back home and snacking on apples in the car all the way home. However, when we visit various apple orchards each year, the best part is getting an Apple Cider Donut.
These cookies remind me so much of those Apple Orchard apple cider donuts! These are easy to throw together, and the cookies turn out pillowy soft on the inside, and crispy on the outside!
This Recipe is Easy! All you need is:
Pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon and Sugar for coating
What if I can’t find apple cider?
Apple Cider is usually in-store during the fall and winter seasons. If you want to make these cider cookies out of season, I suggest buying the hot apple cider mix packets you would find in the tea/coffee aisle of your grocery store.
You can make this cookie dough ahead of time
- Refrigerate dough for up to two days.
- Freeze dough in airtight freezer bags for up to two months.
- You can also make the cookie balls ahead of time and freeze them from frozen.
- Baking Tip-The recipe calls for you to refrigerate the cookie dough for up to 30 minutes. You can skip this step if you’re in a pinch. The cookies won’t roll into a ball as easily, but they will still taste delicious!
Apple Cider Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup cinnamon and sugar for coating
Mix dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar, cinnamon, and set aside.
Using an electric mixer, mix wet ingredients: butter, vanilla, egg, apple cider.
Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
Roll dough into balls using your cookie scoop. Coat each ball with cinnamon and sugar and place evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
Let cookies cool and serve.
Please let me know If you try these! You can tag me on Instagram @kristen_makethebest or comment below!