This post is not sponsored. I just like Aldi. 🙂
Here I am, 9.5 years into motherhood, and I have become a complete scrooge when it comes to kid’s celebrations and unnecessary excess. Before I start on these 5 easy Valentine’s ideas, I want to tell you things I don’t do anymore.
- I don’t buy plastic junk for my kids.
- I don’t give a bag of junky candy out for Halloween or Valentine’s Day.
- I don’t buy a bunch of plastic decorations for parties.
- I don’t give out plastic junk for prizes in goody bags or Valentine’s Day.
- I don’t set up any Elf on the Shelf scenes that require buying anything.
See? Complete Scrooge here. Here’s why.
- All that plastic junk gets thrown out within days.
- I know several parents who just throw away their kids’ candy.
- A bunch of plastic decorations get thrown out and take up too much time.
- I know that plastic junk in goody bags will get thrown away at my kid’s friends’ houses.
- There are a lot of ways to celebrate without all this.
Here is what I DO like to give away.
Snacks. Snacks that kids think are fun. Snacks that parents will let their kids eat. Snacks that won’t get thrown away. I do give candy. I will give you a small piece of chocolate or something small.
Since I love Aldi, I will share with you five easy Valentine’s day ideas that are cheap, easy, and your kids can make themselves and don’t involve a fancy “printable.” Although you can make one, or attach a simple Valentine card to these too.
1. Fruit Leather Valentines – A simple and delicious treat that both parents and kids enjoy.
2. Fruit Snack Valentine
3. Valentine with small- high-quality chocolate.
4. Bear Cookies Valentines
5. Raisin Valentines – probably best for younger kids.
2021 calls for taking a step back and not stressing out about ” Pinterest Worthy” things for our kids. I hope this round up makes life just a little easier for you this year!