This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseMazola #CollectiveBias
Because September is National Cholesterol Awareness Month, I am sharing a recipe with you using Mazola Corn Oil. A clinical study showed Mazola®Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com
Not only is this delicious Sheet Pan Shrimp Primavera an appropriate dish to make for National Cholesterol Awareness month, but I also made this meal nutritious by swapping out a few ingredients from traditional pasta primavera.
- This dish has no pasta. And since there are so many roasted vegetables that are so flavorful, and almost sweet, you won’t miss the pasta. I promise.
- This Primavera has no cream sauce and is just sprinkled with garlic and herbs instead.
- I roasted these vegetables in Mazola Corn Oil instead of butter or olive oil.
In Italian, Primavera means spring, and so when the dish Pasta Primavera was first developed, it was meant to be a dish using spring vegetables. You can use as many vegetables as you like in your sheet pan primavera. I say the more, the merrier! You don’t need to stick to just spring vegetables either!
I like to turn the oven hot when I roast vegetables. I love my veggies almost charred. It is a good thing that Mazola Corn oil has a smoking point that is much higher than other oils, at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol-free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.
I made this meal for my husband and me to have for lunch. My kids picked at some of these vegetables too! It is impressive to see what healthy choices kids will make, given the opportunity.
I cooked the vegetables first, then added the shrimp to the sheet pan during the last few minutes of cook time.
I promise that you won’t miss the pasta or the cream sauce that one might find in restaurant pasta primavera. This recipe is filled with lots of fresh, beautiful ingredients. Just look at all the colors!
For more information on health claims, please visit this link.
Sheet Pan Pastaless Shrimp Primavera
Two carrots, peeled and chopped
One zucchini washed and sliced
One yellow squash washed and sliced
1/2 pound of broccoli, chopped
One small red onion, chopped
1 pound of green beans, washed and ended cut off
1 pound of asparagus, washed and chopped
10-20 jumbo shrimp
1-2 teaspoons salt
One teaspoon pepper
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup of Mazola Corn oil
2-3 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and cut, or appropriately peel all of your vegetables.
- Spread all of the vegetables out on a sheet pan.
- Toss the veggies with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Drizzle the Mazola Corn Oil on top of the vegetables and toss.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cook vegetables for 20-25 minutes.
- Make room on the sheet pan for shrimp. Add shrimp and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol-free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.