This past year I had my third baby. I was 33 years old. I felt very confidant bringing my little guy home. I had been through this twice before. As we put him to bed in his rock and play, that first night home, I realized something. Oh my gosh, we FINALLY know what we’re doing!
Yeah. and it only took my first two babies to figure it out!
I got to thinking about this. My husband I were 30 and 28 when we had our first. We were older first time parents, considering that the average age for first time moms in the USA is actually 25. Even at our age, being first time parents was challenge.
But it is all about figuring out what your little person needs and wants 🙂
1. Feed babies before they get hungry- Somehow, I did not figure this out until I had my third child. But it makes sense doesn’t it? If you give them milk before they start screaming, then you can avoid all that! Man, I wish I would have known that with my other two kids!
2. Wash bottles in the dishwasher- With my first two kids, I spent hours washing bottles by hand. When I had my third child, I found out that you can actually just wash those bottles in your dishwasher! I have a sanitize setting on my dishwasher, and I actually feel like the bottles come out much cleaner than they did before. I put the bottles on the top rack, and the nipples in the basket.
3. Store your breast pump parts in the fridge between uses- If you’re back to work, or pumping for any other reason. Here is a great tip for you, that I didn’t know about until my third child. Instead of washing your pump and all the parts between every use, you can actually put your pump in a plastic bag and store it in the fridge with your breastmilk. You can keep it in there for up to 12 hours. Talk about a time saver.
4. There is no reason to buy an expensive baby food maker- I purchased one of those expensive baby food makers with my first son. You don’t need one of these. I will tell you why.
- You can just steam food on your stove and blend the food into baby food
- My babies only ate spoon fed baby food puree for a few weeks before they just wanted to pick up their own food to feed themselves
5. Use Evivo for a healthy baby gut- Did you know that 97% of babies are born without B. Infantis microbiome? is the only probiotic that can restore baby’s gut to it’s original state! I just discovered baby probiotics after having my third baby. I actually didn’t know about them when my other two babies. My third little guy has had a much easier time with his digestion after starting solid foods.
Right now. Evivo is offering a coupon code. You can get $10.00 off a 4 week kit from Evivo. This coupon code will expire after 9/30 or after fifty readers redeem it. My coupon code is ev7-t95545be
6. Use a Silicone Self Feeder- I love putting baby food and soft foods like bananas and sweet potatoes in our silicone self feeder. It is less mess, and prevents those slippery bananas from getting everywhere.
I hope these tips helped you! From a mom who has already given away all my newborn clothes, I hope you new mothers find this blog post well.
Don’t forget to check out Evivo! You will be glad that you did!