Last Spring, I made Flourless Banana Bread. And it was good.
So good. that I also tried Flourless Zucchini Bread.
So yeah, I have been meaning to make some flourless chocolate banana bread for quite some time. The other day, I had a bunch of ripe bananas on hand, so I decided to make some. I did have to switch it up a little bit though. I used walnuts in my Flourless Banana Bread, I didn’t have any walnuts on hand, so I used pecans instead.
This chocolate banana bread is Flourless, had no oil or sugar. Although, I would encourage you to add a little sweetener or a little coconut oil or some butter if you want to.
I also used Cashew Butter in this recipe. My original Flourless banana bread had almond butter. Both will work, I just wouldn’t use peanut butter, unless you really want it to taste like peanut butter.
Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread ( Yield’s 12 muffins)
1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans or walnuts
1/3 cup of cashew butter or almond butter
3 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- In your food processor pulverize your nuts until they turn into a butter.
- Add cashew butter and mix more.
- Add bananas, vanilla, baking soda and egg and cocoa. Mix in the mixer until blended.
- Line a 8X8 Pan with parchment paper OR use cupcake holders.
- pour mixture into the pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. or 25 minutes if they are muffin sized.
- Let cool before cutting into your banana bread.
These turned out just as flavorful and delicious as my flourless banana bread, tasted a little like cake!