In January, when I was visiting my parent’s house. They had Pimento cheese spread in their fridge, and I thought it was tasty! It’s funny because I forgot about cheese spread! It was delicious!
After making this cheese spread that went with my DIY Handi-snacks, I decided to use the same method to try a few flavors of my own. Although I still want to make my own Pimento cheese, I decided to make something different.
My Spinach and Artichoke cheese spread takes only 10 minutes to make, six ingredients, and has no mayo.
You make this cheese spread by mixing it in your mixer. You want to make sure you use a blender and not a food processor. Otherwise, you will end up with a cheese dip that looks like guacamole. ( Because in the food processor, the spinach will dye everything green:) )
Usually, spinach and artichoke dip can take a long time to prepare and cook. But if you are looking for a quick homemade appetizer, this cheese spread is super easy to make AND goes well with any cracker or vegetable.
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- One clove of minced garlic
- Three tablespoons of milk or 1/2 and 1l2
- 1/4 cup of chopped marinated artichokes
- 1/2 cup of chopped spinach
- In your mixer, add shredded cheeses and milk and mix until you obtain a dry cheese spread texture. Add chopped artichokes and garlic. When your cheese mixture is at the texture you want, add the chopped spinach.
My favorite part was the garlic flavor; you can always add more garlic if you like. Also, if you like cayenne pepper or any other seasoning in your spinach and artichoke dip, go ahead and add it in!
I also think that this spread would taste delicious on a piece of french bread, broiled in the oven.