At first I thought quinoa was a trend. Now I see that it’s the trend that doesn’t seem to be going away. For a LONG time I didn’t like quinoa all that much. I was just kind of waiting for something else to come along. But lately, I have been making it, and doing a little experimenting with it. I have actually started enjoying it too.
last week I had some cold quinoa in my fridge, and I used it in a “throw it together” dinner. ( I made cheesy quinoa cakes with leftover chicken and random vegetables). My husband and kids loved these quinoa cakes, and while eating them, I came up with the idea for these pizza flavored cheesy sticks.
I made these and served them to my kids for lunch. They were a HUGE hit!
- 1 1/2 cups of cold cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl
- Using a cookie scoop, make “breadstick” like shapes with the quinoa mixture on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. flip each breadstick half way through the cooking process.
- remove from the oven and let cool
- serve with marinara sauce
I will be making these again soon! I might also consider switching up the flavors!