I have seen around Pinterest, where bloggers are making homemade goldfish. Which I think is super cute! My kiddos actually prefer the parmesan or plain flavored crackers. And we actually usually eat bunnies in our house, not goldfish.
I LOVE to include bunny crackers in with my kids easter baskets. They’re healthy and go with the Easter theme well.
Since I happened to have a container of parmesan cheese from Costco- that I needed to use up pronto I decided it was time to attempt my own bunny crackers.
My kiddos gobbled these up- just like they do when I buy the real thing from the store.
I ordered these adorable little Wilton Easter 12pc Mini Metal Cookie Cutter Set“>Easter cookie cutters from Amazon. I think when we get a little closer to Easter, I am going to try to make some more healthy things to put in the kiddos’ Easter Baskets.
I then made a simple dough, and put the dough in the fridge overnight. ( it really only needs to be in there for an hour or so)
Parmesan Bunny Crackers inspired by this recipe ( also check out this recipe if you are looking for a Gluten-Free version)
- 5 ounces of shredded parmesan cheese ( could add more, this is all I had)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of ice water
- Place your parmesan cheese in your food processor with a blade. Finely shred the parmesan cheese. Then add butter, salt, lemon pepper and flour. Mix until you get a crumbled dough. Add the ice water and mix some more. The dough should turn into one ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap or put it in a closed container and place it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Use a rollar to make your dough 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and use the cookie cutters to make your desired shapes.
- Put them in the oven at 350 for 14 minutes, or less if you make the crackers thinner
Do you know would also taste good as extra flavorings in these crackers? Sun dried tomatoes or Pesto. Not sure how much the kiddos would like those, but adults celebrate Easter too 🙂