I have a really tasty recipe for you today! A new twist on a family favorite. Barbecue Chicken Jalapeno Poppers! Jalapeno Poppers is my husband’s favorite appetizer to serve when people come over. I added barbecue chicken to these poppers, to cool down the jalapeno a bit. Adding barbecue to these really gives it some tang.
These Barbecue Chicken Jalapeno Poppers are the best reason I can think of, to grill in this cold Iowa winter!
This January, Kraft has come out with a new line of Barbecue Sauces that feature high quality ingredients like Sweet Molasses, and Cane Sugar. I was super excited to give these sauces a try! Here are a few things you need to know about Kraft’s new Barbecue Sauces!
* Consumer research showed that Barbecue sauce lovers wanted Barbecue sauce without high fructose corn syrup, so Kraft switched to cane sugar.
* This new barbecue sauce comes in eight different flavors. Original, Hickory Smoke, Sweet Honey, Mesquite Smoke, Sweet Brown Sugar, Sweet & Spicy, Spicy Honey, and Thick & Spicy.Kraft Barbecue Sauce is sold at retailers nationwide at a suggested retail price of $1.99 per 18-ounce bottle. Select flavors are also available in 28, 40, and 82.5-ounce varieties.
Do you see that fancy Griller Mitt I have on in the photos above? That is called an Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt. The Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt is a specially designed, fire-resistant grilling glove that protects the griller’s hands from both the heat of the grill and the chill of the outdoors during winter grilling season. The unique design of the top insert can hold many grill tools, making it easy to flip, stab, and baste with ease and precision.
If you are interested in winning one, plus a years supply of Kraft Barbecue Sauce, visit GrillinFools.com, between January 19th and January 30th. One random winner will be selected.
Okay, let’s get back to these delicious Barbecue Chicken Jalapeno Poppers.
These poppers only take a few minutes to prepare. I will admit, the first time I tried one, I was a little intimidated by how hot the jalapeno pepper might be. The other ingredients in these poppers cool down the pepper, to just simply make the pepper taste flavorful.
- 8 Jalapeno Peppers
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 pieces of bacon
- 1 large chicken breast
- 3/4 cup of Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
- 16 toothpicks
- Turn on your grill. I have a three burner grill. I turned the outside burners on high and the inside burner on low. Because of the cold weather, my grill achieved a 350 temp
- Cut the top off of each jalapeno pepper.
- Cut each pepper in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the chicken breast into 16 small pieces
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the Kraft</em> Barbecue Sauce
- Assemble each jalapeno pepper by spreading a small amount of cream cheese into the inside of each pepper slice, followed by a piece of Barbecue chicken. Wrap each jalapeno pepper with 1/2 slice of bacon and secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place the Jalapeno popper in a baking pan and grill for a half hour. turn the poppers every few minutes.
What a tasty treat this was! I think I am going to have to make these again for the big game in a few weeks! Please, dont forget to visit Kraft for more delicious recipes!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.