So, I am kind of on a Flourless baking kick lately. Why?
1) Flourless recipes often call for ingredients one wouldn’t usually use in baking, I think it’s totally fun to try them out. ( dates, sweet potatoes, peanut butter)
2) I seem to always mess up my baking soda/ baking powder ratio. Seriously, I don’t know why I can’t ever get it right! and with flourless baking, you don’t need to worry about that!
So here are my flourless apple pie bites. Baked apples? I might like them even more than pumpkin. so hard to choose!
I am going list the recipes for the flourless pie crust and the apples separately. They are two separate entities and should be kept separate until it’s time to eat.
Flourless Pie Crust I made my pie crust into mini pies, but this recipe can be used for a large pie crust as well.
Ingredients * 2 Cups of Almond Chopped in the food processor, * 7 dates, soaked in water* ( for 30 minutes prior to use) *2 tp of coconut oil* 1/2 teaspoon salt * 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
1) In the food processor, mix all the ingredients together until you get a dough.
2) using a glass or a cookie cutter, cut the pie crust into the shapes you like.
3) Bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes
They might be a little crumbly. Be careful with them and let them cool.
Okay, now for the apples.
Apple Pie Filling doesn’t have to take a long time, and it doesn’t need to have a bunch of sugar to be fantastic. I made Microwave Maple Apples for my mini apple pies.
Microwave Maple Apples
Ingredients: 2 apples peeled and chopped * 2 tablespoon of lemon juice * 2 teaspoons of cinnamon * 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
Mix all the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 6 minutes.
This was an excellent healthy dessert Healthy, with exception to the ice cream we served with it. When it was time to serve these cuties, I simply placed a scoop of apples on the mini crust and cooked it in the microwave for 40 seconds before serving. FANTASTIC!