My local Wal-mart store has been selling avocados for 46 cents each for the past month. I have been indulging EVERY week in avocados. I have been adding them to pizza, salads, and pasta. Making avocado chicken salad, guacamole, and just eating them plain.
When I was pregnant with my son, my food of choice was cereal. This time around, it is, hands down, avocados.
Yesterday my in laws came over for a visit. They brought us a special treat! 2 boxes of tomatoes, several large zucchini, a bag of basil, and peppers! What a treat! I tried REALLY hard not to act too much like a child at Christmas. I LOVE fresh Iowa produce! It’s always perfect and delicious!
Greg and I have been snacking on these heirloom cherry tomatoes ever since! These tomatoes are amazing alone, but I decided to make some avocado butter for dipping!
1 Avocado * 1 clove of Minced Garlic * 1 teaspoon lemon juice * 1 teaspoon olive oil* 1 dash of sea salt *
Just mix all the ingredients together and stir until the consistency feels like butter. You can always freeze some for later.
This Might be my favorite new condiment. I may even like this more than honey mustard. Well, maybe.
I know what you are thinking. What else can avocado butter be used for?
Avocado Butter can be used as a healthier alternative for butter or mayonnaise. Here are some uses for avocado butter.
1) Spread Avocado Butter on a toast or a bagel .
2) Spread on Corn on the Cob.
3) Use as a dip for Raw veggies.
4) Use as a dip for pita chips .
5) Use in Chicken or Tuna Salad .
6) Toss with pasta or rice .
7) Use as a condiment on a burger, brat or hot-dog.
8) Use it as a base on a homemade pizza in place of pizza sauce.
9) Use it in place of butter in savory baked goods.
10) Use it as a salad dressing.
And I am sure you can think or more uses for it too!