I like Sweet Potatoes. ALOT.
And I hate to say it, but I enjoy sweet potatoes best when they are in Fry or tot form. ( I must also say that I also enjoy sweet potatoes mashed, steamed, turned into smores and in the form of a chip.)
This past week my brother and mom traveled to Iowa for a few days to help my husband and I get settled into our new home. My mom made her amazing homemade curtains. My brother power washed our deck and porch. They were amazing help!
I wanted to make sure my family members were taken care of when they came to visit, especially since they traveled all the way from Chicago to help us. On Friday, We grilled out and I made up a brand new side dish.
Sweet Potato Salad with Caramelized onions.
2 pounds of sweet potatoes
1 white onion
2 cups of chopped asparagus
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1) Peel and Cut Sweet Potatoes into 1 inch squares
2) Drizzle the sweet potato squares with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt
3) Roast Sweet Potatoes in the oven at 425 f for 25 minutes. Or until the sweet Potatoes are tender
4) Caramelize an onion
5) Cook the chopped asparagus
6) Mix all the ingredients together
7) Cool the mixture in the fridge until ready to eat. Serve cool.
This was so good! Next time I will hopefully have a hard-boiled egg to add to this mixture! I love the taste of sweet potatoes and caramelized onions together! This dish is basically a bunch of my favorite things all rolled together!