Home » Pepperoni Pizza Tomato Bowls

Pepperoni Pizza Tomato Bowls

by Kristen

Pepperoni Pizza Tomato Bowls

I LOVE pizza.  So much. that I literally never ordered a pizza once throughout the 4 years I was in college.  WHY? because I knew I had the capability to eat the entire thing!

Now that I am married, I can share pizza with my husband, load it up with veggies and its not quite so bad.  We usually opt for a thin crust.

Still, I am always trying to get that amazing pizza flavor without feeling guilty!

This summer, I have been posting recipes on how to use vegetables in the place of bread.  Today I am adding to my list of Healthy Recipes

I have decided to stuff a beautiful summer tomato with my favorite pizza toppings!

My favorite pizza toppings today are pepperoni and zucchini.  Other days, my favorite pizza toppings might include  BBQ chicken, pineapple,  Italian sausage, caramelized onions, asparagus, and Canadian bacon.

How to make Pepperoni Pizza Tomato bowls

1) With a small knife, cut the center out of each tomato.

2) Squeeze out as much juice as you can from the tomato

3) Stuff each tomato with chopped zucchini and pepperoni.  OR your favorite pizza toppings.

4) Stuff the remainder of the tomato with cheese.

5) Bake in the oven at 350 F for 25 minutes

6) Pair with a salad and enjoy!

This was a nice light summer dinner.

tomato100.jpg.jpg

You may also like

10 comments

Weird Pizza Inspired Recipes - DIYCraftsGuru September 18, 2017 - 3:04 pm

[…] Pepperoni Tomato Pizza Bowls – This brilliant idea came from trying to replace bread with vegetable substitutes – we think it’s ingenious. […]

Healthy After School Snack Round Up | August 17, 2013 - 12:00 pm

[…] Make the Best of Everything – Pepperoni Pizza Tomato Bowls […]

Low- Carb Pizza Round up « Make the Best of Everything July 22, 2013 - 7:24 pm

[…] 1) Pepperoni Pizza Tomato Bowls from this blog.  […]

Low Carb Hawaiian Pizza « Make the Best of Everything March 6, 2013 - 6:35 pm

[…] have made.  Egg Roll Wrapper Calzones.  Pepperoni Pizza Tomato Bowls,  Zucchini Pizza Cups, Eggplant Parmesan Pizzas, Mini Cauliflower Crust Pizzas. .  And Now this. […]

Mellissa August 28, 2012 - 11:08 pm

Looks great!! New follower from What's Cooking Wednesday @ The Kings Court IV.

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes August 27, 2012 - 5:04 pm

I **LOVE** this idea! We have pizza every Friday night and this would be a welcome change while still keeping it the same 🙂 Pinned and I'm going to share this on my FB page! Thanks for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week! I can't wait to see what you share tomorrow! 🙂

mjskit August 22, 2012 - 3:53 am

What a delicious way to use an abundance of tomatoes! Thanks for this tasty idea!

Sarah August 21, 2012 - 4:32 pm

This looks delicious and perfect for a summer meal.

If you get a chance I would love for you to come share your recipe over my Pin Party.

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box August 21, 2012 - 1:22 pm

These are incredible! I love pizza, too, but hate the feeling of being carb-ridden. This recipe sounds like the perfect work-around. Pinning! 🙂

Krista August 19, 2012 - 4:52 pm

These are too cute and absolutely genius! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM