My mother and father in law live on a 6 acre lot in Iowa where they grow every organic vegetable you can think of, including several types of lettuce. Last weekend, when they came to visit, they brought us a large bag of lettuce. This inspired me to make lettuce wraps and a few new salads for dinners.
Organic lettuce from my in law’s garden requires more time for washing then ready made grocery store lettuce, but its worth it!
How to Make “Salsa shrimp Salad”
– 1 cucumber
– 1 carrot
– 1 avocado
– 2 cups of frozen cooked shrimp with the tail off
– 1 jar of salsa
– cheese, if desired
1) defrost the frozen shrimp
2) Marinate the shrimp in the jar of salsa for an afternoon in the fridge
For some reason, I LOVE great value salsa.
3) Clean and cut the lettuce and all the vegetables. ( Just use the vegetables that you happen to have around, I am sure your salad will still turn out great!)
4) Assemble the salad, leaving the bowl of Salsa shrimp on the side. As you can see I also have a bowl of cheese on the side. I usually don’t put cheese on my salads, but since I am using no salad dressing, I decided to splurge on some cheese.
Leave the shrimp salsa mixture cold when you take it out of the fridge.
Salsa marinated shrimp is AMAZING! Salsa is a great low calorie condiment to use if you are trying to eat healthier.
This is a salad I will be making again!