One day, ( before children) , I was bored.
Looking for something creative “to do” I quickly hopped on “blogger” and created a blog.
And here I am over 6 years later. I have had three kids, and moved twice since then. And this “blog” has actually become my job.
What will you find on this “Blog?”
Mostly recipes and sometimes, random advice on how to make motherhood easier. I might share posts about products, but only if I feel like that product will save time, money or sanity.
My cooking skills have “matured” over the years and now, most of the food that I make is actually quite good. I am not “culinary trained.” I learn by trial and error. My cooking skills have come quite far. It’s a true story, that the first year I was married, ( 2006) I dumped an entire sugar bowl into stir fry. I also threw a bunch of vegetables into a pot of water, and thought it would magically turn into soup.
Sometimes I will also post about my family and being a mom
I do talk about my family a little bit on this blog, but rarely will I show my kids. putting full pictures of my children on the internet is a little scary for me. I love sharing stories about food, but if my children want to share details about their lives on the internet, then I will let them decide that when they get older.
Here are random twenty things about me
- My morning coffee is essential.
- I am 34, the American media says I am a millennial. I only slightly identify with this group.
- I have three sons. They are the coolest people I know.
- I am a huge political junkie. I even majored in political science.
- Don’t worry. I won’t talk about politics on this blog.
- I grew up in Chicago, but I have been enjoying most of my adult life in Iowa.
- I have been married since 2006.
- I met my husband in a bar.
- Maybe when my kids are grown, I’ll move to a tiny house.
- I love Panera bread, especially this salad.
- I hate doing dishes.
- I am a typical right brain. However, my organizational skills have emerged out of necessity after becoming a mom.
- I love singing old church hymns in the shower.
- I have a thing for banana ice cream
- I know every word in the musical Hamilton
- I heart public radio
- I like wine from Aldi.
- I like to memorize facts and figures.
- I love ancestry, and I have had my DNA tested.
- I think blogging is the best!