This post contains affiliate links
My husband and I belong to a small group from our church, and the group of 6 couples meets once a month for a meal. How it works is that the couple who is hosting cooks the main dish, and the other members of the group bring other components of the meal. Greg and I hosted our get-together in June. This summer has been so busy I promised myself I was going to make our meal to make quick and easy. For two weeks I told Greg ” I’m going to make bacon-lettuce-and-tomato sandwiches for the group. ” Because how can you make something more easier and tastier than BLT’s?
In spite of myself, at the very last minute, I decided I was going to try making Korean beef lettuce wraps ( and make a video), and I was a little nervous for a few reasons.
- I knew I wanted to make shredded beef lettuce wraps in my Instant Pot and not the lettuce wraps you make from ground beef.
- I didn’t find a recipe that used the ingredients I wanted to include, so I was feeding an experiment to a crowd which can be scary at times. My husband and kids will be the first ones to tell you that not every recipe I create works out. ( Looking at you Cannellini bean and Ham Chili)
- Is it presumptuous that lettuce wraps will fill everyone up? ( I actually had another member of the group bring some rice.)
So yeah. When our friends told me they liked them, they must have seen the sigh of relief on my face.
These lettuce wraps turned out so good that I had to rip the leftovers out of my husband’s hand this morning because I still needed to take pictures of these for the blog. ( don’t worry, I sent him to work with 1/2 of the leftovers.)
Here is a video on how I made them.
This beef was dee licious! But let’s not forget the toppings. Crunchy slaw, salty peanuts, zesty lime, and sriracha! Add so much dimension!
I know that is doesn’t take 90 minutes for a roast to cook in the Instant Pot. However, I prefer my beef to fall apart, so I usually choose to cook it for longer. Also, I do think that the toasted sesame oil plays a big factor in the flavor of this meat, and I don’t think it should be subbed with another oil.
Instant Pot Korean shredded beef lettuce wraps
- 1 2-3 pound Angus beef roast
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 4-5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
lettuce and toppings
- 2-3 heads romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 package cole slaw mix
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 limes sliced
- sriracha sauce
- green onions
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Korean BBQ sauce
Set your Instant Pot to saute.
Add sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, pepper, and garlic and whisk together.
Add roast and seer the roast slightly on each side
Close your instant pot. Seal and cook on high pressure for 90 minutes.
Remove Instant Pot lid and shred meat.
Remove a few cups of excess liquid from your pot and discard it.
Add 1/2 cup of Korean BBQ sauce
Build your lettuce wrap and enjoy!
I still have a little bit of these left in the fridge and I intend to enjoy every last bite of these suckers. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!