This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mywaytoveg #CollectiveBias
I have never spent a great amount of time being a vegetarian, but I have gone in spurts where I stopped eating meat. Sometimes because of cost, and in college, it was mostly because I didn’t see the point in buying meat for just me. This was never hard for me. I just love plant-based foods.
My love for plant-based foods was the main reason why I rolled out Meatless Mondays in my house, but more about that below.
I have actually been enjoying MorningStar Farms® products for years. Back when I was in college, I used to eat their black bean burgers and their nuggets. I also love their quinoa burgers. When MorningStar Farms® asked me to try out their MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bowls, I of course wanted to. These veggie bowls did not disappoint.
I purchased these delicious Italian Sausage Bake veggie bowls at Walmart in the freezer aisle. All of the vegetarian entrees are together in the freezer aisle.
Check out all the different veggie bowls offered by Morning Star farms, check out their website. To learn more about the other products that Morning Star Farms offers, check out this website.
This Italian Sausage Bake Veggie Bowl was just delicious! It was filled with chickpeas, zucchini, spinach and tons of flavors! Yum! I can’t wait to try the other varieties!
This was a perfect fast meal to serve on meatless Monday.
My family usually eats meat for dinner. My Iowa-born, meat-eating husband insists on it. But last summer, I made a decision, for our family to go meatless once a week. Yes, we hopped on the Meatless Monday bandwagon. and I love it.
Here are some of the reasons why I am happy I rolled out Meatless Mondays in my house
- Its healthy – I try hard to make nourishing meals for my family. What is healthier than vegetables? My family started eating more vegetables when we started eating meatless on Monday. I love choosing a vegetable and making it the ” star” of the meal. In addition, after I rolled out Meatless Monday, we also started eating more nuts, seeds and beans.
- It saves me money – Cooking meat for every dinner isn’t always cheap, but making vegetables or beans the star of your meal instead is much less expensive- especially during the summer, when we just pull vegetables out of our garden. I am all about saving money when I can, who isn’t?
- It helps the environment – Without going into too much detail on this- It takes less energy to grow plants than meat. Plain and simple. If everyone cuts back on meat just a little bit, it can make a big impact to help the environment.
- We have become more adventurous in our meal planning- Going meatless on Mondays has resulted in me ” going outside the box” in my meal planning. I cook a lot of meatless Asian meals, and have tried a lot of dishes that I wouldn’t have otherwise cooked. I do love the challenge in coming up with new, meatless dishes.
- My kids have started enjoying a larger variety of foods- When you serve your kids plant-based dishes, they become used to eating healthy. I love the fact that my kids love steamed cauliflower and eggplant parmesan. Trying new foods is normal for them, and eating a large variety of plant-based food is good for them.
This veggie bowl had the flavor and was a satisfying meal. It is also packed with plant-based, delicious foods and was healthy.
Don’t forget to check out all flavors of these Morning Star Farms veggie bowls!